Honda Shadow Forums banner

Grace Build

7K views 67 replies 10 participants last post by  Nuh_auni 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok since, you weirdos love it so much I'm making a mod thread. Since shes still as she was when I got her you guys will get to see Everything![emoji79]

Im sure some of you have seen my concept threads (ammo cans)(blued pipes), so you'll probably be happy to know the ammo can idea has been scrapped.

Instead I found these!
I'm taking the advice @Gnarly shared with me on all-thread mounting, im just going to have to get some dynamat and and fab a diaper bracket, but ill do pics when I start.

So with this post let Operation Fallen Grace begin. [emoji3]

See less See more
#2 ·
Awww, mannnnnn.....nobody jumped in to save The Path....

I've been sitting here hoping,
since I was the one who had to rain on his ammo can idea...because of how they have to open,

why can't Some Other Member Here

be the culprit to point out that these bags won't work either?

Unless they are mounted above the level of the seat?

Otherwise: how you gonna get them to fully open?

#3 ·
why can't Some Other Member Here

be the culprit to point out that these bags won't work either?

Unless they are mounted above the level of the seat?

Otherwise: how you gonna get them to fully open?
This was my first thought too, but if mounted high enough and out enough, they may work. I'm sure he has a plan, I hope.

#4 ·
@Gnarly either you are one furious google'r or youve been talking to @vito lol @smurfy71

I checked before I paid the non combination side is so short that with the thickness of the fender bracket it opens enough that the edge of the lid lines flush with the wall of the box. So while it won't butterfly all the way, I will have unimpeded access to to full width of the container.

#5 ·
I really WANT this to work for you; those are some interesting cases.

Subscribed, to follow progress.

#6 · (Edited)
C'mon spill how'd you know? It's a dead language lol

since I was the one who had to rain on his ammo can idea...because of how they have to open,
Also for the record, that was GREAT advice you gave, and not the reason I moved on from the ammo cans, to order and ship they were going to cost me 100 bucks, these cases literally fell of a shelf in front of me at $66 for both, I decided right then. lol

#7 ·
Being a gifted ambidyslexic dysmorphobic linguist well-versed in the Mohican language that flows like water, as opposed to the the Chiricahua Apaches' guttural vocalizations that I still struggle with translating.....

OR

If I click on your link in your sig line: Nuh-Auni , it translates the name for me.

Actually, the answer is simple. I manage to mangle English, my only language.

#10 ·
Well I was going to hinge them, @Gnarly was clever enough to predict, having definitely never ever done such a thing, that it would open some of the way then hit the seat. He said hinge them on the long side, which would have worked but while the say patience is a virtue, it isn't one of mine, and 40mm are hard to get in Jersey.

#13 ·
Hmmm, interesting. Ish...
So, what do you have against actual saddle bags? Hard or leather ones? Just curious, not trying to be a jerk, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Not speaking for the OP but my issue with them is the price. I have been looking for some decent hard bags for mine, apparently the good ones are lined with gold. Pricing of motorcycle accessories amazes me. I have been looking for a Mustang Seat, new is $800 here in Canada. Plastic, foam and vinyl, come on really? Profit on that has to be huge!

#25 ·
There ended up being no diaper bracket, I ran rods down the back and ratchet strapped the bottom against the rods, it's not the professional finish I wanted but my car needs a timing chain and I need to get to work tomorrow so I needed to be down today.

The ratchet straps actually look really cool on it, I'll get you all a better pic in the daylight.

#30 ·
Xmigo your deflectors are next the shop with the laser is closed until Wednesday, it's run by a community college so I have time restrictions lol
You are keeping busy! I won't have the hardware to reattach my floorboard until the end of the week anyway, so there it sits.

I could see adding a reflector maybe to your new bags, if what they say about Jersey drivers is true[emoji6]

#31 ·
@Nuh_Auni,

PM me your address.

I have some tiny morsels you simply must add, to those bags.
Before you weatherproof 'em.
Or modify further.

Will be this weekend before I can get to them, to mail them.

Meanwhile, if you have extra time, wire in an extra12V
( ignition triggered; only when key is ON ) power wire to the inside of each box.
And leave room on each wire to add another tiny morsel.
16 or 18 or 20 gauge wire will do nicely. No need for a relay. And needs no switch, just power when key is on.

Totally forgot to cue the Suspense music....

Hate it, when I do that.....

#34 ·
WELL??? What in tarnation is going on here? Keeping us all on the edge of our seats, on purpose?

(Testy today, ain't I?)

#35 ·
Let ya know tomorrow!

Why? you might ask, why would a person type this whole entire post, only to say they'll tell you tomorrow? How cruel a man must be to withhold information for no apparent reason but to torture another?

Why spend this much time to delay what you could simply state now?!?!

WELL I'LL TELL YA!

I duh-no whats comin yet. Supposed to be here... tomorrow. :grin2:

p.s. about that testy thing... good luck I hope you get an A.

#36 ·
secret stuff, is what's coming.

Inspired by those Lunatic Fringe bags you bought for saddlebags on Grace.

When I found you can fabricate deflectors, I just knew you could build low-footprint mounting points for radical bag unknown essentials.

Alas. Two morsels require puncturing the new bags. In two places. Looking out.

And the two looking-in morsels gonna be a bastage to build a suitable low profile bracket for.

Unless you are a happy fabricator.

#38 ·
Well that's the rush job because the timing change blew on my cage.
I intend to fab a 4 side bracket seat them tight but allow for a 30 sec/bag detach.

So happy fabricator indeed [emoji16]
@vito that's my 67 427 impala convertible, 4 speed Hurst and Holley carb. Not the daily because it's classic insurance and 8/mpg premium with octane.

But it was my first car, made the first payment a week before my 14th birthday, and the last the week before my 18th.[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

#41 ·
Really not much. Probably should have kept quiet....just some tiny stuff I thought fit in with his bizarre bags.

#45 ·
Ohhhh...the suspense of this!

Not for nuthin' but...I like the handles, especially if the bags are gonna be detachable!

And, at some point, do @vito and I a favor and post some photos of that Impala :-D

#46 ·
Ok here it is folks!
My @Gnarly Morsels!

Top left to bottom right...

2x LED Running lights (turn signals [emoji4])

2x Black Killswitch
To service
2x LED License plate bolt lights, to be used as bag interior lights!!!!

1x smattering of quick disconnects and zip ties

1x craft scalpel (because gnarly thinks of everything!)

The signal lights will be mounted to the :coming soon: permanent support bracket, from which the bags will be quick disconnect, and interchangeable with some canvas soft bags I intend to acquire.

The interior lights are going to be interesting to figure out placement to maximize light, but the boxes are cloth lined so all wires will be hidden, this oughtta be FUN!!!

Thanks again Gnarly it's like you know me! I was eyeballing some Intensely similar systems. [emoji1]

As soon as I have a daily driver back on the road and don't absotively Need the bike to be bagged up I'll get to wiring and documenting for all of you!

Ps @vito @Hawk I'll throw up some shots of the impala when I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.