Honda Shadow Forums banner

Does Seafoam Actually Work? Yes!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gnarly 
#1 ·
I stumbled across this video lastnight and thought I should share it. I always wanted to see a before and after with seafoam, and here it is. He also does it with a honda civic but the lawnmower seemed to show more of an impact.

Enjoy.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I actually thought the results would be better. I mean, that piston was just a little bit cleaner, but not that much. I was expecting all the scale and carbon deposits to be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
That wasn't to bad. if he had used it correctly, the results probably been better. Kind of hard to do with a lawn mower though.The biggest improvement is that is cleans the valves. This is great stuff to run through your vacuum system on old cars but not needed so much today with the unleaded gas. We used stuff like this when I worked at K-mart back in the early 80s. We would have cars come in sounding like they needed a tune up. After we ran there stuff through the vacuum system and let it sit. Every car we did sounded 100% better. I have used sea foam for years. I use a valve that normally would be used with and aquarium pump to regulate the sea foam as it goes in. You should also change your oil after you do it as well. Sea foam is great stuff.

#6 ·
Automatic Transmission Fluid.
Best thing we found.
When building competition engines, we used ATF to clean engines.
A clean squeeze mustard bottle full.

Warm engine to operating temp.
Hold throttle about 3000-4000 rpm.
Squeeze ATF liberally into the primaries of the Holley, until gray smoke engulfed the area.

For seasons' end, we slowly dumped in enough, right outta the quart bottle, to choke the engine down.
Left it stored that way, fouled plugs and all.

Cleanest engines we ever tore down.

Also used to burn carbon out from under a valve.

All this new-fangled fuel injection, not sure how you'd get the ATF in there.

#9 ·
Yep! And ATF will sometimes free an engine that has sat so long that it is seized too! It creeps down past the rings and free's it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I had never heard about that Dave. Good to know. I remember making the mistake of putting trans fluid in the oil to clean it before an oil change. I had always heard good things about it. We ended up collapsing most of the lifters in a old 352 for. That was the last time i tried that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.