Honda Shadow Forums banner

Viking Saddle Bags

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Andrew Fort 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with Viking saddle bags? I have a chance to get a set and was wondering about quality, fit and finish, durability, any quirks, and the mounting hardware they provide.

The set I want is pictured on a Vstar1300, so I know how they will look and fit.

#2 ·
If I had to do all over I would go with Willie & Max made by Dowco USA. Vikings are Chinese made and their customer support has alot to be desired and the hardware is cheezy. My Saddleman have alot to be desired also. Using Ghost Brackets solve alot of mounting issues and allow you to remove them in 10 seconds. Don't get me wrong the Vikings look good but cost as much as Willie & Max.

#3 ·
I have the Viking bags, hard bags with locks. When I went to mount the bags I made a cardboard templet in the shape of the bags. And worked out the mounting whole on it. Then just transfer the holes to both bags so I drilled only once.

#7 ·
Now there's a guy with a brain. So simple an idea, but I probably wouldn't have thought of it.

#8 ·
So I got the bags in today and put them on. The packaging and supports were nice. They came with supports that actually fit my bike not the universal ones that they said would come with them. Yet they still sent me all the hardware for the universal supports (hey, extra bolts). Now when I went to mount them it was very easy except the bolts they sent were about 20mm too long. A quick trip to the hardware store and I was done. The bags themselves seem very sturdy and nice. The lock on them seems strong enough for the type of bags they are. Knowing what I know now, I would order them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.