Honda Shadow Forums banner

What's on your feet?

11K views 107 replies 48 participants last post by  Blasbo 
#1 · (Edited)
I was going to say what kind of boots do you wear but figured there's some on here that wear shoes or sandals!
Right now I have Response Gear zip side, tie front 8" boots. Got blessed with some Speed and Strength black Speed Shop boots from Dennis Kirk on sale. Someone saw the condition of my old work boots and saw these on sale and said I'll get them for you! They look much better than war I have and will hopefully fit good. Without the mesh sides like my others have they should be warmer in the winter too.
So what's on your feet when you ride?

#41 ·
Yeah and cars Had two vettes and one Miata. Sold them. Looking to buy the RF Miata next year....But for now I am happy with my second Sportster. Hell for $2900 it's a steal. Although I need to buy a set of tires and replace the rear shocks. I like it becausev I don't have to baby it. Its an 05 and shows some wear and some rust here and there. I will slowly get it up to great condition and sell it LOL.....That's my MO with all my toys. fix them up and sell them at break even or for a profit. I like the wheeling and dealing. The Tacoma is my main stay though.

#49 ·
Man!
This thread took off, whilst I rode yesterday!!
What with this being #49, I`ll add my $.02...

An ER nurse asked me once,
"you do wear gloves when you ride, don`t you?"
She had done looked at my lace up boots...
BUT she went on to say, "I`ve spent countless hours picking debris from hands of motorcycle riders."

When my boots get that who slap out feel & look, I continue to wear them, but, I buy a new pair to break in my feet to them...
Yes, my New Sunday go to meetin` Boots have that Tell Tale shifter mark on the left toe ;)

An EMT once said, he Always find ONE slip on boot has slipped off, when encountering motorcycle wrecks...
I see folks in "tennie-runners", flip flops, sandals etc... and immediately pray for these folk...

Ride Nekked,
D

#50 · (Edited)
An EMT once said, he Always find ONE slip on boot has slipped off, when encountering motorcycle wrecks...

20 yrs. working in ER; rarely ever see 2 slip-on boots in place after a serious bike wreck. Maybe three times, out of over a hundred wrecks.

Don't AIM to wreck, ever again, but I'm not gonna risk making it worse if I do.

Something to consider.

~If it's too loud, you're too old.

#51 ·
Durango Boots, square toed, with the 11" pipe. Very comfortable for riding. Glad I'm on a Honda because they are not so comfortable for walking LOL

#53 ·
We are in the process of downsizing, which includes my boot collection. I am getting rid of the Double H harness boots and HD zip up the side boots. Keeping the HD Huston boots (they are waterproof) and my favorite, the Chippewa engineer boot (more comfortable than the harness boots.)

#66 ·
8" Bates Enforcer Series Ultra-Lites

They last me about a year and a half for $100, and I wear the same pair 365 days a year.
They take about a month of good use to break in to your foot pattern, but once they do, you can kickbox in these boots, and most guys have to go barefoot for that!

They are GREAT for Running, roofing, riding, and they even shine up nice and go with my slacks.

#70 ·
Got my new boots I talked about in the first post. They seem much more comfortable than the ones I've been using, a little loose but just enough to put some heavy socks on for winter and be just right so happy so far. I'll know more tomorrow when I get out for a ride!

#76 ·
Well today will be the maden voyage for the above mentioned new boots, wanted to wear them around the house first and make sure I like them and the fit is right. Plus I didn't want to ride with new boots on new floorboards and take a chance of too much difference. Let you know when I get back how they are.

#77 ·
I can report that the boots work well. I wore them while working on my floorboards to see how they felt hobbling around while working on the bike. They felt great, very light and comfortable and the whole 80 mile ride they were great, a lot more comfortable than the old ones which wen't bad until the toe got smashed from shifting. These have an extra support in that area so no problem at all and toes felt great too. At the closeout price they are great and with help I was able to get them but I don't think I'd pay the regular price for them. They are worth it but I've never paid that much for any shoes except steel toe work boots which were paid for by every factory I worked at.

#78 ·
I been in my boots since 7am and still got `em on...
I`m going riding,
D

Another cooler than daytime ride :D

Ooops, I did remove my boots for the afternoon nap ;)

#79 ·
When I first started riding earlier this year I looked around quite a bit for the right type of boots. I didnt want laceups for the fear the laces would come undone and get caught it the shifter or wheels. Went to a few places and tried some on, ultimately I ordered this pair from amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Xelement-1436-Motorcycle-Short-Harness/dp/B00194A6QE/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t. It took a long time to break them in, but so far they have been extremely comfortable and have excellent traction on the road while riding. For the first few months they will have a very strong petroleum odor, but it eventually wears off. I have only worn them for about 5 months, but so far they are holding up great. If I can get 2 years out of them for under $100, ill take it !

#82 ·
Boots

I can`t believe how happy I am with THESE.....
'
Weinbrenner Shoe Company / Thorogood Shoes

As soon I put them on they felt GREAT!

Water resistant , They`ll repel water if caught in the rain. But, you`d have to spray them with some waterproofing spray to be totally waterproof.

Insulated, so they`re great for those cold mornings.

MADE IN THE USA!
'

#84 ·
I wear a pair of IIcon Super Duty 4 boots. I love them. I like boots in general, as I wear them 50-60 hours per week for work. The IIcons are comfortable, lightweight, and feel compact enough to not impede my size 13 feet from easily working the shifter. I also like that they are armoured in case I should ever go down. Very, very rarely I will just throw on a pair of shoes to run to the store or whatnot. 99% of the time... if I'm on the bike the IIcons are on my feet.

#85 · (Edited)
I wear a pair of IIcon Super Duty 4 boots. I love them. I like boots in general, as I wear them 50-60 hours per week for work. The IIcons are comfortable, lightweight, and feel compact enough to not impede my size 13 feet from easily working the shifter. I also like that they are armoured in case I should ever go down. Very, very rarely I will just throw on a pair of shoes to run to the store or whatnot. 99% of the time... if I'm on the bike the IIcons are on my feet.

Those are really nice.I have them in my cart...

Ordered the Milwaukee Barron Steel Toe Harness for $89 on closeout. Still may get those Icons in the Spring

#91 ·
Reviving an older thread. The boots I had been using technically belong to my work, as in they paid for them and I am required to wear them from time to time. So I need to leave them at my office.
I did some research and decided on some Xelement boots. They arrived today. So far impressed with the quality and the fit.

#94 ·
Doc Martens 1914 model or painted black chuck taylors.

Sometimes I get my Belleville desert boots.

I got myself some black leather Chuck's now. About all I wear on the bike anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.