Honda Shadow Forums banner

Has anyone used this windshield before? Slipstreamer SS-20 Stealth

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  h13man 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Shadow Riders,

I found a Slipstreamer SS-20-T Windshield online for a great deal but hestitate to purchase as I don't know if it is too small or big for my size.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VVIBE...&ascsubtag=78fe062b4c4d8a925e92bffffef3aaca_S

I mean, according to all the sites, they all say it fits my 03 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750 DC standard 1" stock bar.

2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT750DCA Parts, 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 VT750DCA OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com (item 1 of the chart)

I am 5'-10", average Asian build...

Curious if anyone here has something similar and the experience with it?

Thanks all!

#2 ·
I personally find them ugly as hell.. Kinda a poor mans batwing.

But i'm not everyone , and as a mature guy, I understand that others have different opinions and tastes.

I had one like it on my Nighthawk, I found it did nothing for wind but I'm 6'1" with a gym goes build.

#4 ·
I don't mind the smaller slicker looking stealth windshield, but I do agree with you on the "poor man batwing"...

I mean you are taller and broader from your description, but I do afraid about the "does nothing for the wind"...

Don't feel like paying for something that does my absolutely nothing except the weight & look...hah...

I mean, if it provides me no wind resistance, then I might as well stick to the naked look.

#10 ·
A 20" will probably be too tall regardless the style. I'd say a 17" shield would be a better fit. I have a SS 17" Classic on the Valk. Had a 17" Hellfire on the 1100 Spirit and both were a perfect fit/function on both bikes. I'm 5' 11" normal caucasian build. :D The Classic is a fork mount and the Hellfire is a bar mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.