Honda Shadow Forums banner

Last ride for a while

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  pastordave1 
#1 ·
I probably took my last ride this year. Wet leaves were on most the back roads I prefer, making it hard to get decent grip. I'll most likely do it again when I can't resist any longer. Stay safe out there this time of year, fall colors are great but leaves are very slippery.

#2 ·
At least one more ride for me this year. Going to take the Aero out for a ride on November 23 as long as there is no snow on the roads. If there is snow then the ride will happen as soon as roads clear. Still riding a motorcycle when I am 72 is on my bucket list then come spring, it's going up for sale. Been riding since I was 22 and never had an accident or dropped a bike so after 50 years, I am quitting while I'm ahead.

#10 ·
I still have awhile to go before garaging the bikes. Then again, we have a low today of 68 and a high of 82. I likely won't have to stop ridding until January and February, but should be back up and running by late March. That is the trade-off I get here in Houston. We don't have great curvy roads, mountains, autumn foliage, etc., but I'll be able to ride for about 10 months or so.

#14 ·
I feel for you guys. I take it for granted that I can ride all year long. We are in our summer so to speak. Weather here has been high 80s to mid 90s. Starting to head back into the mid 70s. As many things as we have messed up here in Cali. The weather is not one of them

#29 ·
You guys in your nice weather, UUGGGG.
Here in the Pacific North WET is is raining for 2 weeks.

#34 ·
Riding Season?? WhyIzzAt, Huh??

I live in south Tennessee so I ride all year long, wish everyone could. :smile2:
You guys in your nice weather, UUGGGG.
Here in the Pacific North WET is is raining for 2 weeks.
WhyIzzIt I ain`t seen this one??
What? gotta put the Bike up for leaves on the road???
WhyizzAt??
Leaves on the road Means SLOW DOWN!!!
Gotta Ride like you have a little common sense !!!

I`m glad our riding season is long here!! 365 days long :D
We need some of that rain here,
D

#35 ·
Rode up the Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park ,Va. from Waynesboro mile 105 to rt 33 , Harrisonburg mile 62 and the weather was clear and sunny about 65f, warm for November.Beautiful day. That is about half way up. 1982 Honda GL500I SilverWing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.