Honda Shadow Forums banner

Would you?

3K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  Theja1 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I am weird I guess, but I like the look, but, I love my ST, so there you have it.
I think its a cool idea, but....Leaning and slow speed handling is what riding is about, that's how you get good, handling the bike properly at slow speed....
Gonna make it where any dummy can ride.... OOPS, sorry, @Gnarley :p

#4 ·
Call me paranoid if you want but whatever mechanism balances the bike will eventually fail. If you can't handle the bike don't ride, your just asking for a bad day that hopefully you will survive. Its as useless as buying a guitar that plays for you. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#7 · (Edited)
Not my thing but I admire the technology. Seems to me though that there are times when you would want to control the way you go down...as in you are heading for a solid object you can't avoid, like a car you may want to low side. So does the bike fight you and crush your legs? During an accident does it cause more high sides because you're skidding in upright? Bad mojo there...I ain't made for flying. Personally I like to be in total control. Need more info, .e.g. can it be turned off or is it disabled above a certain speed or in a brake lock situation? I think both would be good ideas.

#9 ·
One of my concerns for a while now has been all of the technology that is getting added to vehicles these days. As much as I love technology, all of those components will "break" at some point. All of the automatic braking, collision avoidance tech that has been added to the cages nowadays will fail eventually...heck my pickup doesnt even have auto windows because I have gotten tired of the dang motors or switches going out in previous vehicles. I would definitely have concerns about this type of tech on a bike and if the bike would end up fighting you in certain circumstances, like you said or what may happen in the event of a mechanical failure in the system while cruising down the road.

'99 ACE 1100

#13 ·
It is pretty cool but is like cars. It has gotten that you really don't need to know a lot to drive. I have a friend that owns a driving school. He is thinking about getting some of the cars that do most of the work for you. I asked what the students would really be learning if the car did all the thinking for them. I am old school and prefer the simplicity of things. If my truck breaks down some where. I can pretty much fix what ever goes wrong on the side of the road. And with out a pc. I think before you can own a bike like that. You would need to show you have owned a bike for a few years and re take the bike driving test that shows you actually know how to ride a bike. I read a good article asking what happens to cars when the manufacture that makes the updates for a cars computer goes out of business. No more updates could cause a lot of issues I would think.

#16 ·
That is wild !!! I wonder if it can go get a beer for you and bring it to your chair ?

:roll:

#18 ·
Not no, but he11 no!!!

It would be good to have so that you could check out foot peg placement or light aiming without the need for a helper. But that would be it.

#23 ·
You are right to a point @jpr1968. I have had brakes, fuel pump, and other parts fail like most of us have.The difference is the normal parts on a bike don't manage the handling of the vehicle or negate the skill level of the rider. My concern is not so much the failure of the features but the ability of the rider to manage the failure safely as possible. This bike will attract alot of new riders who will not develop the skills to manage it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Agreed!!!

Anything made by man can fail at any moment. I trust mechanical things,,,but only to a point. Electrical I trust more than electronic.

#26 ·
no ..I do not trust this technology just as I do not trust cages that park and stop themselves..I want to be in control of whatever I am driving... IMHO0:)

#28 ·
Funny, but on 12/28/16 in my reply to: HB6009/Bill filed for Florida helmet mandate... posted by 'Moonrider' on 12/22/16 - I mentioned this very thing of a self stabilizing motorcycle along with other new possibilities, and I stated this is something I don't think I would ever see in my time. Well, I guess I was wrong - I'm still here. But I stick to my opinion that I don't believe I would like such a thing for myself - maybe I'm just outdated!

#29 ·
How do you do tight corners ? Gotta be it turns the feature off over some preset speed. I'd sure like to have one follow me around just long enough to blow a couple of minds.........but my dog would probably get jealous.

#30 ·
Put your dog on the other bike.[emoji2]

That would get some looks!!!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

#31 ·
As others have mentioned, if you need this, don't throw a leg over a two wheeled vehicle.
Get a Spyder or get a trike kit.

Do I admire the technology? No. It is a 'cool' to have, not a 'need' to have feature.
Why would I want my bike to follow me around, other than to show the world what a tool I am with another "HEY...LOOK AT ME!!!" novelty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.