Bye-Bye Victory!!! - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Bye-Bye Victory!!!

No more spaceship baggers........

Polaris Industries To Wind Down Victory Motorcycles Brand - Quick Facts - NASDAQ.com

'98 Honda Valkyrie F6C - Bumblebee
'98 Honda Valkyrie F6C - BatValk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:21 PM

Oh boy ... bad and good news at the same time...
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:32 PM

That's really a shame. I've never heard anyone who owned one say a bad word about them. I hope they redirect the effort into growing and expanding the Indian marque.

"The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." ~ Hunter S. Thompson
Anger and worry are the two greatest wastes of time known to man. Aside from television, of course.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Dave View Post
That's really a shame. I've never heard anyone who owned one say a bad word about them. I hope they redirect the effort into growing and expanding the Indian marque.
Bad news because they got rid of the brand, and people I talked to who own Victory really liked their bikes. However, at the local Indian/Victory dealer, Indian motorcycles sell a lot more than Victorys. So, hopefully the good news is that Polaris will focus all its energy on developing the Indian brand. I test-rode some of the Indian bikes, large and small, all very fine motorcycles.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:12 PM

Too bad. I was considering a Victory Octane for my next bike. Maybe not such a good choice anymore.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Bad news because they got rid of the brand, and people I talked to who own Victory really liked their bikes. However, at the local Indian/Victory dealer, Indian motorcycles sell a lot more than Victorys. So, hopefully the good news is that Polaris will focus all its energy on developing the Indian brand. I test-rode some of the Indian bikes, large and small, all very fine motorcycles.
I still don't see why this is a good thing. Just because they sell more Vic's doesn't mean it's a bad thing. They are the only real competitor to HD.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:18 PM

Garage
I'm sure they're going to take whatever $ they were putting into Victory into their Indians, which look and run GREAT, but are a bit more expensive. This could possibly mean a fantastic "deal" on a Victory, though, but it also might make it tougher to get it serviced and get parts for it.
Thanks for sharing the info, though.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:50 PM

I have a co-worker who rides a Victory and he absolutely loves it. It's good to see they are doing parts and warranty for 10 years atleast. The current owners can atleast maintenance their bikes properly still .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:06 PM

Sad, to lose any motorcycle company.

~Gnarly

Brer Bill says Infancy was so much fun, he is now looking forward to Adultery.

~~~Ride safe; ride smart....in memory of the one and only 7x~~~

The VT1100C2 ACEs: the '97 Flyin' Jenni, rescue dog Hobo LongNose, and the '96 on the right.

[IMG][/IMG]
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
Sad, to lose any motorcycle company.
Don't think I'd be too upset if Hyosung disappeared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page