It happens every time - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. We are getting a lot of rain here finally. So this all works out great for me. @Blu eflame I hope this doesn't turn into another Fury. Odds are the Ranchero will once I get to start back on it. @ Steve C, Once the front is done. The rear will be next. The guy I got the wheel from also has a rear wheel if needed. I think my back wheel was in a lot better shape than the front is. @ Squidchief, that was pretty good. I almost feel like that could be me some times. I am going to get the new seals put in this afternoon. I had to get new bushings for the forks. I tried installing one of the old ones and it did not want to go in so easy. So, I bought a seal installer. With the help of the old bushing. I will be able to use the installer for the bushings as well. Should be a simple task now. I am going to take the front wheel down in a bit to have the tire pulled off it. That way I can get the sealer put on it. I want to give it the full 7 days to cure before I put the new tire on. I also have to call Chaparral. If you notice in the tire picture. I have 2 front tires there. Some one made a mistake and sent me 2. I only paid for one. So I want to return the un paid one. I got one tire on thursday and the other on friday. I am sure it was an honest mistake over there.
Well, back to work. it is kind of nice being able to do most of this in the house where I don't have to clean up after each step. I can leave my stuff out when I take a break.

1995 VT1100 Ace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2sure View Post
Thanks guys. We are getting a lot of rain here finally. So this all works out great for me. @Blu eflame I hope this doesn't turn into another Fury. Odds are the Ranchero will once I get to start back on it. @ Steve C, Once the front is done. The rear will be next. The guy I got the wheel from also has a rear wheel if needed. I think my back wheel was in a lot better shape than the front is. @ Squidchief, that was pretty good. I almost feel like that could be me some times. I am going to get the new seals put in this afternoon. I had to get new bushings for the forks. I tried installing one of the old ones and it did not want to go in so easy. So, I bought a seal installer. With the help of the old bushing. I will be able to use the installer for the bushings as well. Should be a simple task now. I am going to take the front wheel down in a bit to have the tire pulled off it. That way I can get the sealer put on it. I want to give it the full 7 days to cure before I put the new tire on. I also have to call Chaparral. If you notice in the tire picture. I have 2 front tires there. Some one made a mistake and sent me 2. I only paid for one. So I want to return the un paid one. I got one tire on thursday and the other on friday. I am sure it was an honest mistake over there.
Well, back to work. it is kind of nice being able to do most of this in the house where I don't have to clean up after each step. I can leave my stuff out when I take a break.

Where at "near Santa Barbara"?

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
HAFND
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidchief View Post
Where at "near Santa Barbara"?
Lompoc, about an hour north of Santa Barbara. Right next to VAFB

1995 VT1100 Ace
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 04:34 PM

I was adopted out of Santa Barbara and lived in Lompoc for a number of years. My dad worked at FCI.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
HAFND
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Location: SW Georgia. Between Americus & Buena Vista - Ellaville and Plains
On the tractor forum we call that "Mission Creep"...
Start on one simple project and just keep going with a bunch of them ...
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidchief View Post
I was adopted out of Santa Barbara and lived in Lompoc for a number of years. My dad worked at FCI.
It has changed a lot over the years. it is slowly growing. I liked it better back in the 70s Once my bike is back on the road. I will have to take a ride your way. maybe meet up for lunch or some thing if you are up to it.

I haven't heard that term before captain. But it sounds accurate.

1995 VT1100 Ace
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2sure View Post
It has changed a lot over the years. it is slowly growing. I liked it better back in the 70s Once my bike is back on the road. I will have to take a ride your way. maybe meet up for lunch or some thing if you are up to it.

I haven't heard that term before captain. But it sounds accurate.

Anytime.

HAFND
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 03:18 PM

Man, that is totally what I would do too. You certainly belong here......

[IMG][/IMG]
2013 Honda Shadow Aero750
Mustang Seat
Memphis Shades Batwing
12 inch tinted black windshield
Custom World Backrest
Lindby bars
Hondaline Saddlebags
Cobra front wheel hub
Kuryakyn grips
Cobra floorboards
Bike Master Wide View Flame Mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page