It happens every time - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

It happens every time

Well, lightning has struck again. It seems I am incapable of just performing a simple task. My plans were simple. Change my fork seals. A quick clean of the forks and I would be good. And in the normal fashion, Things kind of snow balled again. I checked on prices to have my fork seals changed. About 350 out the door. I figured I would buy a jack, seals, and do it my self. Saving a bunch of money. Some how things got out of control again. I bought the jack and for seals. Then figured if I was doing that. Why not add progressive springs. I started polishing the forks while staring at my front wheel. I figured I should clean it up too. A closer look told me the wheel was in bad, bad shape. So I found a nice wheel to replace it. Now the tires look pretty bad. Still some rubber left but they look old. So, I ordered new tires. Now my brain is running amuck again. I am now going to seal the wheel up so I can run tubeless. I ordered dyno beads for the balancing. I got new brakes to install since the calipers are off. At this point, I don't see how I can put all this shiny stuff on with out polishing every thing else on the front end. So off came the risers. By the end of the week. I hope to have pulled the triple tree and have it polished up too. I May as well inspect, clean and re pack the bearings while it is off. Now this seems to happen to me way to often. I start off with a simple plan, only to keep adding a step, then another and so on. The plus side to all this is, I will be ready to go once the weather gets nice again. The bike was running great when I parked it.
Sooooo let this be a lesson to all. if you want to have any money left at the end of the week. Stick to the plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8695 (Medium).JPG
Views:	82
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	193553   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8723 (Medium).JPG
Views:	80
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	193561   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8739 (Medium).JPG
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	193569   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8734 (Medium).JPG
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	193577   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8735 (Medium).JPG
Views:	83
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	193585  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8738 (Medium).JPG
Views:	81
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	193593   Click image for larger version

Name:	OR (1) (Medium).JPG
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	193601   Click image for larger version

Name:	OR (2) (Medium).JPG
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	193609  

1995 VT1100 Ace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:37 AM

Truthfully, you are a sick man.

And fit right in, here.

~Gnarly

Brer Bill says Infancy was so much fun, he is now looking forward to Adultery.

~~~Ride safe; ride smart....in memory of the one and only 7x~~~

The VT1100C2 ACEs: the '97 Flyin' Jenni, rescue dog Hobo LongNose, and the '96 on the right.

[IMG][/IMG]
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:18 AM

Nice job i do the same thing i cal.....hey look a squirrel how did that squirrel get in here

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:14 AM

Garage
What about the back end /wheel? LOL

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by not2sure View Post
Well, lightning has struck again. It seems I am incapable of just performing a simple task. My plans were simple. Change my fork seals. A quick clean of the forks and I would be good. And in the normal fashion, Things kind of snow balled again. I checked on prices to have my fork seals changed. About 350 out the door. I figured I would buy a jack, seals, and do it my self. Saving a bunch of money. Some how things got out of control again. I bought the jack and for seals. Then figured if I was doing that. Why not add progressive springs. I started polishing the forks while staring at my front wheel. I figured I should clean it up too. A closer look told me the wheel was in bad, bad shape. So I found a nice wheel to replace it. Now the tires look pretty bad. Still some rubber left but they look old. So, I ordered new tires. Now my brain is running amuck again. I am now going to seal the wheel up so I can run tubeless. I ordered dyno beads for the balancing. I got new brakes to install since the calipers are off. At this point, I don't see how I can put all this shiny stuff on with out polishing every thing else on the front end. So off came the risers. By the end of the week. I hope to have pulled the triple tree and have it polished up too. I May as well inspect, clean and re pack the bearings while it is off. Now this seems to happen to me way to often. I start off with a simple plan, only to keep adding a step, then another and so on. The plus side to all this is, I will be ready to go once the weather gets nice again. The bike was running great when I parked it.
Sooooo let this be a lesson to all. if you want to have any money left at the end of the week. Stick to the plan.
After seeing your fury build i wouldn't expect anything less from you man! BTW they should let ya open that puppy up on those cruise nights. Its cruel to make you just idle along like a grandpa!

ride safe !

02 1100 shadow spirit
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Garage
I do it too,,,and usually after quite a bit of research and learning.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

There is nothing like your knees in the breeze!!!

2013 Shadow Phantom
[IMG][/IMG]

Previous Bikes
1995 Suzuki VS800GLS Intruder
1982 Suzuki GS450L

Ride Bell By Old Dad.

Ride Cross gifted from Captain D
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Garage
But your stuff looks great!

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey"

Mods/Ad-ons to date:
NC Switchblade
NC Chrome Deflectors
NC Hand Deflectors
Oxford Grip Heaterz
Power Trip Saddle bags
Willie & Max Handlebar bag
Highway pegs (eBay)
Gremlin Bell (gift from my son)
Mustang Seat!
Crash Bars
Vance and Hines Cruzers
Rear Signal relocation
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 AM

reminds me of the old story" A young man moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a salesman back in Minnesota ."

Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many customers bought something from you today?"

The kid says "One".

The boss says "Just One? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?"

The kid says "$101, 237.65".

The boss says "$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?"

The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.' "

Nice jobs (s) on your bike. Looking great.

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another" Ernest Hemingway
HAFND
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:03 AM

Garage
HAHAHA! Love it!

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey"

Mods/Ad-ons to date:
NC Switchblade
NC Chrome Deflectors
NC Hand Deflectors
Oxford Grip Heaterz
Power Trip Saddle bags
Willie & Max Handlebar bag
Highway pegs (eBay)
Gremlin Bell (gift from my son)
Mustang Seat!
Crash Bars
Vance and Hines Cruzers
Rear Signal relocation
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidchief View Post
reminds me of the old story" A young man moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a salesman back in Minnesota ."

Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many customers bought something from you today?"

The kid says "One".

The boss says "Just One? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?"

The kid says "$101, 237.65".

The boss says "$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?"

The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.' "

Nice jobs (s) on your bike. Looking great.
That's one HECK of a "salesman"!!

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"
'03 Spirit 750
Ride Bells by blue flames and shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page