Honda Shadow Forums banner

Gas tank sticker heads up

845 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  "Captain D" 
#1 ·
So I went with various methods to get that pesky orange sticker off my gas tank. Well it came off and yes the peanut butter worked perfectly for the residue.

However, if you look in the pics below you will see an outline. At first (before the peanut butter) I just assumed it was part of the residue, however after cleaning everything else off I realize it looks the actual edge of the paint/clearcoat? ! Almost as if they put the sticker on before the final coat.

Anyway, despite the bite flashing making it stand out more than it really does, it really isn't that bad and you kinda have to be right on it to tell. But it doesn't change the fact that it's annoying.

If for some reason I am wrong and there is another story for what that is, feel free to enlighten me. Otherwise let your buddies know they have to decide whether they want an orange sticker or a sticker pit. (on '15 model phantoms at least)

Shooter

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It will clean off. Use Goo Gone or WD-40 and a little elbow grease.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.