Honda Shadow Forums banner

05 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. How much is it worth?

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Shawking1985 
#1 ·
So i'm looking to upgrade to a bigger bike asap. And i'm also hoping i can sell this, and snag a cheap bike before prices start going back up for spring/summer. So now i need to figure out a price to sell this 750 for. Some details on the bike. It must have been down at some point before i bought it, as it's been repainted a royal blue color. Definitely could use a paint job, but it never bothered me all that much. Clear title, a little under 12,000 miles. All stock. Chrome is nice and shiny. Runs and shifts well. New chain, new rear sprocket and hub.

Is $2500 a fair asking price? If anyone is interested, i am in Lancaster, Ohio. About 30 mins south of Columbus.
Thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds low considering the low mileage. A good place to compare prices is cycletrader.com

Search engine will bring up lots to compare. The bike looks pretty good to me.

#5 ·
Check your local listings on Craig's list, around here your bike runs 2800 to 3000.

#10 ·
Honestly, about 11 different ones. All starting at 900cc or bigger. I'd really like to end up on a Yamaha Raider, Stryker or Warrior. Then a Suzuki M109, followed by a Kawasaki Mean Streak, or Vulcan Custom. Honda VTX 1300 or 1800. Also the only Harley i would own...a V Rod. Everything else is much lower on the list

#13 ·
Go with the VTX1800 if you can find one with relatively low miles and in good condition, that bike is a monster! That will be my next bike if I ever sell the Shadow.

#14 ·
That looks "CLOSE" to the stock blue for an '05, but you're missing the tank decals. In the first picture, it almost looks like there is a dent in the tank on the RH front corner? Or is that just an odd reflection?

I'm not sure how the weather is in Columbus, OH this time of year, but around here you would be hard-pressed to get $3000 for a bike like that in Jan/Feb. If you had another 2 months, you would have a completely different story and easily get $3000. While you're looking at larger bikes "and snag a cheap bike before prices start going back up for spring/summer" -- that's the SAME thing someone looking to buy your bike will be thinking, only cheaper.

Like mentioned above, you can start at $3000 and expect $2500. If you want to move it quick, start at $2500 and expect $2000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.