Honda Shadow Forums banner

Ordered My Corbin Seat Today

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Felker 
#1 ·
Finally upgrading from the factory seat on my Shadow RS, I ordered the only aftermarket seat available from Corbin. Looking forward to being able to ride more than 40 minutes and my a$$ not going numb.

http://http://corbin.com/honda/hvt750rsdte.shtml

#3 ·
Nice! Wishing you many miles of riding comfort on the thing!

..Never tried a Corbin seat. A couple of members here really seem to like them though. Came close to getting one a couple of times, but went with the Sargent, Mustang and a Russell Day-Long instead.. Maybe my next bike I'll go with a Corbin seat.

A good seat is pretty-much priceless if you want to spend any real time sitting in it.
Let us know how you get along with it after you have broken that puppy in after a few hundred miles.

#5 ·
I have a Corbin on the ST and love it. It's not quite as comfy as the Mustang that was on the VTX, but it's a whole different feel anyway.
You will be pleased!

#8 ·
Very nice. I had a DT on my Shadow with a single Ovalbac. It was fantastic. Probably the single best purchase I made for the bike.

One nice thing about the Corbins, unlike a Mustang you can add a backrest - or two! - at any time after purchase. You can also move a single backrest from the front position to the back position (which is what I did).

#12 ·
It will likely make it to you quicker than you think. They give themselves plenty of time, but this time of year they won't be as busy typically.

Also, did you go through their site and pick the material, trim, etc.? For those who don't know, they will send you sample swatches if you ask. I had trouble deciding between a couple materials, and I think I ended up having them send me like 8 samples. Seat looks beautiful. I'll show it again, even though I've shown if off on a few occasions already.

Attachments

#13 ·
I purchased a corbin seat for my 1986 V65 Magna when I had it and loved it. When I bought my 1998 Shadow used it had a Corbin seat and was happy it did. It's the seat in my sig picture and can ride all day with no problem. I've had the bike for 13 years, and not sure when original owner put on, so the seat is pretty old but still very comfortable.

#16 ·
Best bet is to copythe link to this thread and reference this thread. Merging a thread to a single topic thread could confuse everyone. See, I'm confused trying to figure what I want a say about it.
Any shipping update pop up yet?
My Corbin has pleased my butt hope you are as happy with it as a lot of us are!

#19 ·
^^^^ I hear ya. . .

I ended up with asphalt sides, blue piping, and a "Grey Cobra" for the main panel. I wanted something light so the seat wouldn't be scalding hot when parked in the sun, and it worked wonders.

Damn....I miss that bike....

#21 ·
Its amazing that a motorcycle company can't put a decent seat on its bikes......good for you,,,,my mustang seat increased my ride and enjoyment to 2 hours plus with a bad back!
You will love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.