Honda Shadow Forums banner

show me your dirt cheap "deal of the century"

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  XApacheDoc 
#1 · (Edited)
$675..1991 vlx600 19k miles.....didnt run...only 2 pea size dings in tank...the rest perfect ...alotta cleaning and only needed $5 worth of plugs and carbs cleaned(i did myself) and fresh gas.. no cam chain noise or valve ticking...smooth and quiet running...:smile2:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I got my 1983 750 Shadow with 27,000 miles, for free from a friend who had gotten a 1800VTX. It was running and didn't need much at all. Had a dent in the tank which I fixed and painted. Put some bags and windshield and other goodies. Not a bad deal there !

#8 ·
Brand new 1985 Honda 450 Nighthawk for $250.00! I put that much on a down payment, drove it of the lot and someone screwed up.I never got a payment book and the title was sent in a plain envelope 8 months later.

#9 ·
guess nothing better than free....i never get that lucky

i will say this....at any given time you could buy a bike off craigslist thats not running for cheap and 9 times outta 10 its a simple fix.....

saw a 1982 kz550 kawasaki that was garage kept on craigslist yesterday $375.....i figured what the hey....i checked it out...had great compression/strong spark/all lights worked...just wouldnt fire up....figured its fuel or carbs.

....sure enough..fuel problem....petcock was clogged....cleaned it...fired right up......

then started spittin out white goo out of crankcase breather....turns out 1 quart too much oil in case....are people that stupid?

runs great now....ill make a $600 profit from this and sell for $1000....its old but in good running shape.

#10 ·
The best deal I ever got was my 76 750F. A friend bought it new when we were in high school. I put way more miles on the bike than he ever did. When I was living in Tx. I called him to see if he still had the bike. I offered to buy the bike from him when he said he still had it. He told me to come on out and I could have it. I came back to Ca. with a friend. Spent a day going over the bike. Rode it for a few days, and then headed back to Tx. on it. It is probably the most comfortable bike I have rode yet. Made it all the way home with out an issue. That was back in 97.

Attachments

#11 ·
Bought the Yamaha RD-350 (my sig pic) from a co-worker.

He didn't have a price in mind, so I suggested a dollar a cc; so he accepted $350.
That was back in 1989, the bike was nearly mint with only 8000 miles on the odo. I could kick myself for selling it, even though I more than doubled my money.

It was one of the best motorcycles I've ever owned. You could pull the front wheel off the ground at 50 mph with just a twist of the throttle.....

Phil

#12 ·
my best deal was on my 85 vette bought it for 4800.00 borrowed the money to buy it about 1/2 way thru the payments my back went out and had to retire. the loan had disability ins. on it paid the rest of it. then a couple of months ago ran over a rock and did some damage to it ins totaled it out and paid me more than I paid for it. fixed it and still driving it took it on a trip to pigeon forge last week.

#14 ·
The first deal was the bike it self. 2007 VLX with 10300 miles on it for $1000. Paid $100 a month for 10 months from a friend. Then the Mustang Seat. A friend of a friend had a 750 aero and rode once with the seat. She didn't like the sitting position and promptly took it off. I purchased it for $75. After some modification to the mounts and the rear fender it fits perfect on the VLX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.