Honda Shadow Forums banner

New toy

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Spin 
#1 ·
2016 Spyder RT

See less See more
#4 ·

Keeping the shadow

Very Cool! :D ..My Wife wants something similar.

My wife suggested it! She is tired of hanging on the back of the Shadow. She will get her MC license and we can ride together. The Spyder is semi auto. No clutch, paddle shifters to shift up or down. You must shift up and it will downshift for you when you slow to a stop. It comes in a manual version as well.

#5 ·
yea, i tried one of them last year. could not at all get used to it. if you've never(or rarely) ridden a snowmobile they are hard to get the hang of. after the 30 day temporary plate expired it went down the road. my suggestion to anyone considering one is think twice and take one for a good long ride of about 100 miles before commiting to it. and try a couple of miles of off camber roads. if i had taken a much longer test i would have saved myself the aggravation, not to mention they are somewhat maintenance intensive. i thank God it wasn't an overly expensive fling. enough of my rant, I wish you the best with it.

#7 ·
I wish you the best with it.

Thank you. For sure, they are not for everyone, especially if you enjoy motorcycles and the Spyder will be your only scoot. They lean more like a quad than a motorcycle, and as someone that has ridden quads for years I took right to it. That's not to say they are exactly like quads because riding a Spyder a unique experience in itself. I don't know which model you had. My RT is more like a cruiser. The F3 is the sport machine. Like you say, a test ride is recommended if someone is considering one. Rent one and spend the day on it. As far as being maintenance intensive, I don't think that is the case at all from what I've gleaned from the Spyder forums and reading the owners manual. No more so than any other motorcycle. I'll keep you updated as I put some serious mileage on it.

#15 ·
Those Spyders are hotter than a $2 pistol!

I looked into buying one early last season, so I took both models for a test ride (900cc and 1100 I believe).

They're fast, incredibly spry and go from 0 to "what ever" in a heart beat, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

But like mitrs, and ABQ-Jammer said, they ride like a snowmobile or 4 wheeler, so it wasn't quite for me, but they are something else, indeed!

Congrats and enjoy!

Bars up!
Put something exciting between your legs!

#16 ·
Thanks guys. Now that I have some miles on it I'm getting more use to it. Its just something else to ride. And, it is Fun. The more I ride it the more I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.