Honda Shadow Forums banner

Plasti-dip....here goes nothing!

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  swifty2014 
#1 ·
I wanted a girly bike (flames just aren't my thing) so I opted for a non-permanent & affordable option. More pictures to come.

3 base coats of white and 1 coat of pink so far.

Has anyone else used plasi-dip?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
That baby is going to be BRIGHT ! I hope it is a durable finish.
There have been a couple of guys that used it a while back. At least it is easily changeable when you want a different color.

#3 ·
You have to be extremely careful taking that tape off because where the plasti-dip overlaps, the paint will have a tendency to easily peel off with the tape. They recommend pulling the tape before the paint dries.

Good luck with it, and please post when finished....not enough pink bikes in the world.

#6 ·
Don't spill any gas on it either when filling it up. If you do, get it off immediately. Have a rag ready while filling just in case. I've used plastidip before with great results.
A rag doesn't really do much good. As soon as gas hits the plastidip, the damage is done. (Especially don't try to wipe the gas off, dab it.)

I plastidipped my bike 3 years ago and it's held up pretty good. A little touch up here and there. Could probably stand to be touched up again, but I will finally be able to give it a real paint job in the near future.

#12 ·
Looks good! Are you going to do the fairing also?
A guy here did his sport bike all pink with breast cancer awareness ribbons, I loved it!

#21 ·
A few pink and white stripes on the fairing, (as in Candy Striper), and call her Candy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.