difference between ace, shadow, sabre, etc. - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dupmaronews2k Send a message via MSN to dupmaronews2k Send a message via Yahoo to dupmaronews2k
Default difference between ace, shadow, sabre, etc.

ok I always see that theres the vt1100 but then it says ace, shadow, sabre, etc.

only reason I know i have a sabre is becasue thats what the dealer told me when I bought it.

whats the diffrence between these models?

im a college student always looking for cheap parts and good deals. basically what im wondering is if i can put those parts on my bike or not...and i dont mean like engine wise i mean as of seats or accesories on the bike.
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

The biggest difference is the engines. 1100 ACE's have a single crankpin engine like a Harley. ACE Tourer's, Spirits and Sabres have the dual split crankpin engine. It runs much smoother and makes power over a wider range than an ACE engine, but doesn't make that "potato, potato" sound.

Other that that, it's just styling. Sabres have forward controls, almost solid wheels and tins over the front forks to emulate a Harley Fatboy.

Spirits have mid controls, spoke or mag wheels and a ducktail rear fender to emulate a Harley Superglide.

ACE Tourer's (the best bike Honda ever made) come with hard bags and a windshield to emulate a Harley Road King.
chicago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

How does this translate into the smaller bikes 750 and 600?

crankpin wise?

is there any more elaborate breakdown online of parts swapability?

ive wondered the same thing many times!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dupmaronews2k Send a message via MSN to dupmaronews2k Send a message via Yahoo to dupmaronews2k

so will the same seat that fits on an ace fit on a sabre 04
Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

OzarkJeep, I'm, not sure about the smaller bikes, but the easiest way to tell is to look at your cylinders. If the are perfectly inline from front to back, you have a single pin engine. If they're slightly offset, you have a dual pin.

Dupmaron, the easiest way to tell if the seats are interchangeable is to go to mustangs website and compare model numbers between the two bikes. My gut instinct says they will.
chicago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

duh that should have been obvious to me huh?

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to meatpopsicle

HA wow I can tell you from expierience that the seat for the 1100 ace WILL NOT fit your sabre I just made that mistake on ebay last week The seat for the ACE is much too big to fit on the sabre, wich I thought was wierd becuse I have sat on both and they didn't seem THAT different.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Here's some comparisons of 1100s for 1999s -- you can change the years & models as you like:
ACE vs ACE Tourer
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...cle2=132&go=Go
ACE vs Aero http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...cle2=131&go=Go
ACE vs Spirit http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...cle2=134&go=Go
Go to 2000+ to get the Sabre and lose the ACE.

As for parts, you can compare the online "microfiche" files for different models at Ron Ayers (http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/getdesc.cfm?man=ho), Bike Bandit (http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi..._mfr~Honda.asp) or Honda Parts Direct (http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fic...FicheSelection) for matching part numbers. (If you had provided more info, I could have "tuned" the links better.) Note that Ron Ayers & Honda Parts Direct use the same part numbers as Honda dealers but Bike Bandit uses different numbers (with the exact same sketches).

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.