Farewell - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up Farewell

I decided to sell my bike for a 4 wheel "trike" A Fiat 124 Spider

This forum has been fun. Lots of oldtimers left for other pastures. Crazy Dave will hold down the fort.

I sold my bike without intention to replace. I don't ride with any gear and would not ride if I was forced to wear all the gear.

So I am limiting my risk by selling the bike and buying another fun vehicle. I don't know. I just lost interest. Bought a few Harleys and liked the Sportster the best but I feel if I keep riding I should go with all the gear. I don't even have much of it. Instead of gearing up for a 10 mile ride. I prefer a roadster. Bought a few over the last few years and settled on trading my 2013 SLK350 key to key with a new Fiat 124 Spider.

Miss the oldtimers around here as well Time to pass the baton. All of you new and older riders stay safe. It's been a hoot.

Ever since moving east from Vegas, I really did not care to ride distances as there are few to no destinations worth a four-hour drive.

Not like out west where a 300+-mile run ended with great destinations whether the Grand Canyon to Bryce, Lake Havasu, Lake Tahoe, San Diego, Sedona, Flagstaff, Santa fe, Taos, Lake Powell, Yellowstone........ and all points NESW.

Too many deer for my tastes as well. Had two close calls over the past couple years, I want to enjoy my retirement without injury from idiots...

My wife is a lot happier that I chose to hang the bike up. Of course, she fears I will come home with another sometime. But I am pushing my luck. Never had a get off, I am due.

Last edited by Hondaguy; 04-19-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM

Garage
Nice ride. I didn't know you, but I have seen some of your posts just from reading through this site. I know you will be missed. Enjoy the wind in your hair.

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey" - Jan 2017 BOTM

Mods/Ad-ons to date:
NC Switchblade
NC Chrome Deflectors
NC Hand Deflectors
Oxford Grip Heaterz
Mutazu LW Saddle bags
Willie & Max Handlebar bag
Highway pegs (eBay)
Gremlin Bell (gift from my son)
Mustang Seat!
Crash Bars
Vance and Hines Cruzers
Rear Signal relocation
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:27 PM

Shipmate, figured you were already gone, saw the writing on the wall. Enjoy that Fiat. Drop me an e-mail now and then, you still have my .mil address?

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another" Ernest Hemingway
HAFND
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

We'll miss you Tom, you can reach me if you need anything thru Christopher,,I'm 50 miles west of you, 99% of the time. Or just hang out,, I may be bike free soon too due to the pelvis issues.. hang around if you will, or pop in sometime to lets know you're still breathing.

2006 vlx , gone but never will forget it.

Last edited by old dad; 04-19-2017 at 03:08 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM

Hey, why not just hang around. Nothing stopping you from checking in once in a while. Never say never, anyway.

Nice Car! ..One day I might snag me something like that. One day..

Have a Good One, Hondaguy; and, whether you check in with us once in a while, or make clean break for it, all the Best to both You and Your Wife.

Now might also be the right time to tell you that.. well.. I'm a secret Neil Diamond fan.

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:45 PM

Garage
Fun choice! I had a 2002 Miata for several years and it was very fun to drive. I used to joke with people that I "get in" my other cars, but I "put on" the Miata.

Have fun!

I'm actually considering trading two wheels for four myself... but going off-road. The Side-by-Side ATV's are getting awfully tempting, and I found out there's a decent ATV park just 15 min. from my house! hhmmm...

2004 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

"Yeah, well what you plan and what happens ain't ever exactly been similar." -Jayne Cobb
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:05 PM

Garage
Good luck @Hondaguy ! Like the other said, pop in every once in a while. Show us pics of the things you do and places you go with your new ride! You know how we all like pics. They don't have to have a bike in them.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/a...1925D8337C.jpg

2002 750 ACE DELUXE: Sold
2003 BMW K1200GT
Ride Bell by Old Dad
Ride Bell by Gnarly
Ride Cross by "Captain D"
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:32 PM

I always liked the King Crimson avatar you had.

Good luck with the Fiat. The only convertible I've owned was a '64 Austin Healey Sprite, so many SPH (smiles per hour).

2004 Spirit 1100

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:09 PM

I had a Fiat Spider convertible when I was a kid. Of course it was a way different car back in 1974. Good luck and be well.

"Stormy" 1997 Valkyrie Tourer - http://s724.photobucket.com/user/Har...eshow/Valkyrie

Ride Bell By OldDad
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidchief View Post
Shipmate, figured you were already gone, saw the writing on the wall. Enjoy that Fiat. Drop me an e-mail now and then, you still have my .mil address?
Sent you a PM. I was in and out since I sold my Yamaha....after that I tried a few bikes all Harleys,bThe only one I liked at the end of the day was a carbed XL1200C, I put it up for sale after putting tires on and doing all the fluid changes, it sold to the first shopper at my price.That sent me a sign. Made $800 on that bike and gave it to the wife for all her worrying over the years. The 124 is a hoot. Better than my 08 Vette and the Miata. I am Italian so why not?

Ya all keep helping each other. People come and go. Always leave this forum refreshed over the years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page