Honda Shadow Forums banner

2003 Spirit 750: Fair Price?

25K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  neutom72 
#1 ·
Hello,

I came across a female owned 2003 Honda Spirit 750 today. The bike is 100% stock and has a claimed 900 miles on it.

Kelley Blue Book: $4,195.00
Nada Average: $3,990.00

The lady is asking $5,000.00 for it which seems extremely high to me. I've looked around online and I've seen that the average price for a 2003 seems to be around $4,100.00. Some a little higher and some a little lower.

What do you think is a fair price? Yes I understand it has low miles but how much can one expect to get OVER book value for low miles?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Well I just bought a 2006 Spirit 750 on Saturday and it was sale price at 5,000. So I think 5,000 might be a little much. Granted like I said, it was a sale price and they probably just want to make room for their new stuff, but still, I would probably look around. Just my thoughts though.

#3 ·
neutom72 said:
The lady is asking $5,000.00 for it which seems extremely high to me. !
Then don't buy it.

Yes the price is high, But if it's like brandnew "900 miles" And the owner has taken great care of it. Then it is worth what she says it's worth.

Bottom line is it is bad form to try and low ball someone on the price. If she asks 5000$ and you think that is too high. Move on...

#4 ·
That price is high. Shop around, I'm sure you can find a deal better than that. Low miles does not justify that high of a price. I just picked up an 01 spirit 750 for $2800, and it had a few extras, mustang seat, cobra floorboards, and shes in mint condition. It's my first bike and I love it. I will be wanting something bigger for two up riding but for now I am Happy.
Hope that helps.

#5 ·
Offer her book value on it if you like it or a bit less. Like 4000.00 cash in hand. IF you really want that bike. That isnt low balling the price, she has the price set high. If she wants to sell it to you at that price then you have made a deal. If she wants to wait, that is her option. It is 4 model years old.

900 miles is awful low and to few miles isnt always good for a motor either.

#6 ·
Purchased a 2003 Spirit 750 with Cobra Exhaust, Thunder Hypercharger, Saddle and fork bags (Willie & Max), Kuryakyn lights, Memphis Fats windshield, K&N Air filter, Honda Manual with the stock pipes and filter for $3000. FYI, new 750 (VT750DC) MSRP is $6449. Make a deal for $500 off and your less than $6k for a brand new bike, not a ride 4 years old. IMO too much. I wouldn't go more than $4K for the bike.

#15 ·
Fair Price?

Seems a little high! Last August i bought my '04 SS 750 for $3800 with 9000 miles on it. it was in mint condition and loads of extras... Cobra straight pipes, windshiled, Kuryakyn grips and mirrors, mustang seat, backrest, tail rack, willie and max saddle bags, tool bag, passenger floorboards... and this was from an indy dealer who bought it off a guy he knew! Then again... spring time prices are higher than fall prices.

#17 ·
I bought my 06 spanking new with "0" miles on it last August for $5700... Didn't even haggle the price since it was $300 below an identical used one with 4k miles on it that another dealer had. Even in mint condition with 900 miles on it, she won't get that close to new price... $4k would be reasonable at best...

#18 ·
Gouging

Way too high. Pass on this one regardless of condition. With so many unused bikes out there this should be $500+ below book. I only paid $5500 for my '04 Kawasaki 1600 Classic with EVERYTHING. $5000 for a 750 Shadow is a massive rip.

#19 ·
Mileage shouldn't enter into the equation at all...unless it has ridiculously high or low mileage. A 2003 is 4 years old.....900 miles....soooo a little over 200 miles per year...or a tank and a half of gas per year. Low mileage bikes often need a thorough carb cleaning since the gas has sat in them for so long.

#20 ·
neutom72 said:
vito said:
neutom72 said:
Hello,

I came across a female owned 2003 Honda Spirit 750 today.....
What does "female owned" have to do with it? :?

still shooting for that 1 post/day average....
Proven fact that females are less likely to abuse a motorcycle.
I agree...They're too busy abusing men :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.