Memphis Shades Windshield - Hell Cat versus Classic Deuce - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Memphis Shades Windshield - Hell Cat versus Classic Deuce

Still looking for a windshield for my 07 Shadow 1100; considering the Memphis Shades Hell Cat or Classic Deuce. When I look at the pics on the web, the two appear identical; I think the Deuce may be slightly larger than the Hellcat. Do any of you folks out there have either of these shields, and if so a pic of your bike with the shield would be very helpful in making my selection. Also any comments regarding how you like it, dislike it, etc would also be helpful. Thanks a bunch!
Brooksey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here's my hellcat on my Spirit 750C2. It's small enough that it's not overpowering the looks of the bike but yet it does it's job at higher speeds, and it's easily removeable

........ and from the front on the Spirit and Aero.

ShadowMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Hellcat Windshield

Thanks ShadowMonster; but pics didn't come through.......
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Want to switch back

I had the Memphis Shades Duece on my 1100 and change to the National 21". I wish I had stayed with the Deuce. I have a lot more wobble than before, and the bigger shield did not help that much with the wind
austinopa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMonster
Here's my hellcat on my Spirit 750C2. It's small enough that it's not overpowering the looks of the bike but yet it does it's job at higher speeds, and it's easily removeable
I notice on your Spirit the shield comes up to about your chin. Where is the airstream once it gets to you? Over your head, hits your face, top of helmet, etc.?
txmetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMonster
I notice on your Spirit the shield comes up to about your chin. Where is the airstream once it gets to you? Over your head, hits your face, top of helmet, etc.?
I don't go much over 65mph and when I do I can feel a stiff breeze on my head but not enough to move my helmet around .... perhaps I got lucky and nailed the perfect placement All I know is I haven't encountered any of the nasty buffeting that others have come upon, perhaps because of my slow @ss speed
Old 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Re: Hellcat Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksey
Thanks ShadowMonster; but pics didn't come through.......
Hit the refresh or F5 to refresh the screen and you should be good to go .... a wee glitch in the phpBB software
Old 04-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Hellcat

Thanks ShadowMonster, pics look great. One other question, if you don't mind. I'm 5'10", so do you think the size (height) of the Hellcat would work considering my height?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Re: Hellcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksey
Thanks ShadowMonster, pics look great. One other question, if you don't mind. I'm 5'10", so do you think the size (height) of the Hellcat would work considering my height?
I'm 5'10 also, how about that .... so now the only thing left is how high do you sit on your 1100 compared to me on my 750 ..... you can adjust the height of the Hellcat up or down with the handlebar mounts.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default Winshield

Great, thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.