Bobber Conversion Kit? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bobber Conversion Kit?

Whats up all? I'm in the market for a bike and really like the look of some of the old school themed bobbers rolling around. I've been watching Ebay just to see whats out there and I've seen several Shadows that have been converted to bobbers. Do any of you know of a bolt on Bobber kit being offered for the Shadow 600 or 750? Im handy enough around the garage but don't think Im ready to take on a full hack and slash chopper build, so the less cutting and welding the better.
futureicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't believe there is a kit for turning a Shadow into a bobber. All of the ones out there have been modified to that look. But, if your search does find one, please post the information here. I am sure there are more people that would be interested.
Spirit_1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

A ..bolt on Bobber kit?

Perish the thought! A bobber conversion would be more of a bolt off affair. Stripping off unnecessary bits, etc.

The cool thing about bobbers, to me, is the individualism. What one guy can do with a machine and some creativity.

You're not going to find that in a kit.

Regards. -Jay

XRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

I hafta say the phrase "bolt on bobber kit" makes me feel icky inside. But, Ardcore makes a bolt on hardtail if that really what you mean:
http://www.ardcorechoppers.com/

1977 XS650 _________________ 1988 VT800
lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here's a little bobber I just built with my Spirit 750. I'm considering going with the Ardcore Rigid Kit to clean the lines up in the rear a bit--those struts just aren't doing it for me. Let me know if you have any questions about what I did.

bshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

SWEET!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

bshadow, that's one of the coolest shadows i've seen!

got better pics of the struts? how's it ride as a rigid? a short, bobbed sissybar could look pretty sweet.

i was planning to do my wheels like yours. did you disassemble them to powdercoat? still on the fence if i want to go black or red though. how big a job was it to lace 'em back together?

great look with those apes!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Bshadow, that is sick. Which shadow is that?? I just changed my bars this spring and now I want the apes but I have a question about the ergonomics of the apes. How do they feel? are your hands above your shoulders when riding .? are they comfortable? do they ever get numb?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The wheels were unlaced for the powder. The gun won't fit between the spokes, so the hub wasn't getting covered. I was actually torn between all black and red just like you, but I decided to go with the red since I love red rimmed bobbers. I had someone unlace them for me, so I can't comment on how hard it was. I didn't want to take any chances since you have to true the wheel and everything, so that was one of the only thing I let someone else take care of.

I'll see if I can get some better pics of the struts tomorrow. They're really not as bad as some people make them out to be. Yeah the rides a little rougher, but nothing unbearable or uncomfortable.

I love the apes. The ride is perfect for me. I swapped the stock risers (it's a Spirit 750 btw) for a set of 2" straight risers off of a Sabre. They're just right with the 16" apes. I've gone out on a few hour long rides and have not experienced any numbness. I think swapping out the bars was the hardest part of the whole conversion. I decided to run all the wiring internally, so that made it a lot more difficult, but worth it in the end--nothing like a set of clean bars.
bshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshadow
Here's a little bobber I just built with my Spirit 750. I'm considering going with the Ardcore Rigid Kit to clean the lines up in the rear a bit--those struts just aren't doing it for me. Let me know if you have any questions about what I did.
Like the bike cept the apes, not my style but I would strangle someone for that sidemount plate you have. Is it arched or is that an optical illusion? Where did you get it?

'03 Shadow Spirit 750
insanewizayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement