Honda Shadow Forums banner

mutazu hard bags

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Old Dad 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought and installed these? They look like nice hard bags and a great price, but usually you get what you pay for. So I'm a little skeptical. Any and all feed back would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I bought the silver GA saddlebags. They are ok, though not quite as large as I first thought. I have not had any trouble with them. The mounting brackets are just simple strips of heavy steel. They were too long for my Spirit, so I had to cut them off. You have to drill your own mounting holes in the bags, so make sure you measure multiple times.

#3 ·
I am using the GA hard bags, I have changed a few things about how they mount since the original install but this should give you a good idea.

IGBE

#4 ·
Second year with the MU bags, look great, but had trouble with the built-in lights. worked last year but would not work correctly last week, no tail light function. tore apart the lights (double sided rubber tape) and could not seem to find the problem, called around and nobody would work on them. Went down to the Peterbuilt shop and bought a set of 60 led tail lights and in the process of wiring them up. The old MU lights were NOT DOT approved, 1 ticket $37.00, now they will be. These bags are made of ABS and Injected molded and look real nice with the curve of the fender, however I would not load them to heavy, the mounting system leaves something to be desired. The support bars look strong but let the bags vibrate, enough to catch the swing arm when I hit a hard pothole. Instant hard tail ride, I took out some of the bend and this allowed the support to bypass the swing arm. Also there is no side reflector on the bags, the bags cover the ones on the bike, so installed a 6 led light strip. I hated loosing the light that came with the bike because they sequenced from top to bottom in the tail light function. It made the bike real visible from the back.

#5 ·
I have the GA hardbags and the trunk..love the @#$% out of them, if they ever get destroyed or damaged I will buy them again, I love the trunk more than the saddlebags..here are some of my pics of them

#9 ·
Sounds like what I just posted to someone else about the lights , they are awful and I replaced them with the factory turn lights. There are some good ones out there from any parts place , you can even get two element lights for running lights if you want that..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.