Phantom saddlebags - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

I can see your honda brackets fine. The bags that I received have parts that include brackets similar to yours and also have little metal clips. If I understand correctly, the bags are supposed to bolt into the top and clip at the bottom. I can tell that the bags would attach to one of the bolts and probably the clips but not to the other bolt because it is too close to the seat.

Does anyone know what I am referring to and/or have experience with the issue that I am seeing?
Thanks
dbleegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbleegle
I can see your honda brackets fine. The bags that I received have parts that include brackets similar to yours and also have little metal clips. If I understand correctly, the bags are supposed to bolt into the top and clip at the bottom. I can tell that the bags would attach to one of the bolts and probably the clips but not to the other bolt because it is too close to the seat.

Does anyone know what I am referring to and/or have experience with the issue that I am seeing?
Thanks
Got pics?

markspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbleegle
If I understand correctly, the bags are supposed to bolt into the top and clip at the bottom.
No the factory bags are throw-overs. There are clips on the bottom of the bags that attach to the bottom of the bracket. They do not bolt on at all. That's why I was saying I don't know if these brackets would work for you.
Lantesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankman
Yeah I got the cruiseliner saddlebags about a week ago and put them on. These do require you to move the turn signals to the mount you have to buy seperate. The install was not to bad took about an hour by my self and if you had one person to help it would take less. Here is a link to some pics.

http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/a...124/my%20bike/
those are very sharp looking, I almost want to buy the bags then go out and buy the bike to match...

Clark Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

Bear with me on the pics guys... I am still trying to figure out what I have and if it may have a chance of working at all. Just use your imagination! The front corner of the bag basically hits the back corners of the seat and thus will not reach the front bolt on the rear fender. It basically leaves me with only one bolt to attach the bags to. Which is by no mean acceptable. I will try and post pics but it's kinda hard to try and hold the bag in place and take a pic. I will try later though...
dbleegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

hey all.. im new to the forums here ...ahh nice scooter, i like it - looks great.

Last edited by elfnyc; 05-18-2011 at 12:43 AM.
elfnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

help.
i have 2010 phantom, purchased some hardcase saddlebags with lights on them. i'm trying to wire them with my front blinkers so they are on at all times as well as signal.
any ideas?
phantomriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default Cruiseliner hard bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankman View Post
Yeah I got the cruiseliner saddlebags about a week ago and put them on. These do require you to move the turn signals to the mount you have to buy seperate. The install was not to bad took about an hour by my self and if you had one person to help it would take less. Here is a link to some pics.

my bike Photos by blankman124 | Photobucket
why did you have to move the turn signals...there is a cutout for them. what is the link to the mount? I am in the process of purchasing them and I don't want to order them incorrectly. THanks
heidi
hgiblon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement