Phantom saddlebags - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Phantom saddlebags

Hey guys,

Just curious if any of you Phantom owners have gotten any saddlebags for your bikes yet? I keep looking but I can't quite find anything that says it fits or not. I also keep hearing that a lot of the time you have to relocate the rear turn signals?

Anyone done this with their bikes yet? If so, anyone have any pics?
dbleegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

There has been at least 2 or 3 threads recently about saddlebags and accessories specific to Phantoms.

Try searching from my profile of posts I responded to (or started).

My Mutuza bags are do late today, hopefully I will mount them this weekend. Will post pix once I have done so.

All presumes I like the bags enough to keep them.

Eric
Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah I got the cruiseliner saddlebags about a week ago and put them on. These do require you to move the turn signals to the mount you have to buy seperate. The install was not to bad took about an hour by my self and if you had one person to help it would take less. Here is a link to some pics.

http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/a...124/my%20bike/
Old 08-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys! If anyone else out there has any info or pics, please add them.

Eric-- I have looked all around including your posts but was looking as much for pics as anything else.

blankman-- those saddlebags look sweet! very nice. Just a little too big and for my taste, I want soft ones. But either way, those look very nice.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey dbleegle if you look through the photos posted in there you will see a few pics with some tourmasters on the bike. These are the small ones and fit the bike good with just a generic universal saddlebag mount. Make sure you get the small tourmaster bags though as the large ones will hit the taillights and possibly the exhaust. Good luck on the search and send some pics when you get those on Eric
blankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Mutazu's arrived last night. Model GA.
They are fairly/quite small. I am taping them into position to decide if I like them enough to keep them. (I am thinking so.)

Then I will need to decide if I want to mount them hard or on removable brackets. (so many decisions...)

They DO NOT require moving of tailights.
Being Mutazu's they are hard bags.

I am really leaning towards them at this point, but will take the weekend to decide for sure.

As always ride safe and enjoy the day.
Eric
Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

I decided I like the Mutazu GA's.

And opted to order up a set of
Easy Brackets for them.

Will be another 7-10 days before they are mounted. Will of course post pix then.

Eric
Old 08-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

My EZ Brackets came but the mounting bolts were too long. Not a typical hardware store piece, but EZ Bracket in CA is sending me shorter ones.

I was previously in contact with them about fit, but I bought the units elsewhere, they were still great about sending me out new pieces today.

Small delay... but I can wait even if a little impatiently.

Pics to follow once mounted.

Eric
Old 08-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

I received bags from Viking bags and according to them they would fit, and now they are telling me that I might have to fabricate brackets for them to fit? And also, they mentioned something about Honda saddlebag brackets?

Does anyone know anything about specialized Honda saddlebag brackets that might work?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbleegle
Does anyone know anything about specialized Honda saddlebag brackets that might work?
It's hard to see in this picture, but I have the factory Honda brackets on my Spirit. They would be the same exact brackets for the Phantom, just not in a Chrome finish. Whether or not these will work for your bags I don't know. The factory bags clip to the bottom of the bar. You would have to tie yours to it somehow.

Lantesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement