Honda Shadow Forums banner

June 4th HSF Moonshine Run

13K views 130 replies 14 participants last post by  firehawk 
#1 ·
Several of us on here that were not able to make the official Moonshine Run because of the weather have planned on having one of our own.

The date has been set for Saturday June 4th. Hoping the weather will cooperate this time. We'll need to set up times for some riders to meet up and ride together to Moonshine, and a time everyone will actually be at the store in Moonshine.

The grill at the store is shut down at 12:30 sharp Illinois time, so we'll need to be there 10-10:30 ish... The larger the group the earlier we should get there so we're not overwhelming them so close to 12:30.

If you're looking for a place to ride around that time, come join us for a great cheeseburger!

Oh, and we'll allow BMW riders to attend too as long as they're not too snooty...:grin2:

#5 ·
Brer Bill & I wanted to ride along.
But we don't have cruise control....or a black exhaust pipe that comes up below the left rear of the seat....or any of them there Panniers.....

#7 ·
Last year several of us met up at a Caseys General Store in Marshall, IL at the intersection of US 40 and Illinois Highway 1. We then took US 40 to Martinsville, IL and rode the county roads south to Moonshine. We could meet up there again if it is acceptable to everyone. I'm seeing it's right at a half an hour from there to Moonshine so we'd have to plan accordingly time wise. I'd say we if we decide to meet up there we should be there around 9:30 Illinois time. That would put us in Moonshine around 10:00-10:15.

This all somewhat open to to discussion as some will be coming from the south, and might not want to ride that far north and just head straight into Moonshine. What's everyone's opinion...

#21 ·
Unsure of route....will prob'ly meet up w/ Scared & Tony in E'ville and follow them up.

Invited bumpaw....not sure, yet.

Looking forward to it.

#29 ·
I think so. I'll be covered up at work at that time, but I'm gonna do my best to take off that day. Jim (Tony) is going too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
Scared....I got to tell you...I'm really digging that new ride of yours. Looks really nice. Glad that you traded off and got what worked out well for you. Looking forward to seeing it. Oh and you too...but bring the bike. :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.