Honda Shadow Forums banner

AFTER the HSN Moonshine Run-more rides?

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Gnarly 
#1 ·
The June 4 Moonshine Run is gonna allow me to meet SEVERAL HSN'ers who are on my Saddlebag List....like a bucket list, but vastly superior....but...as always, I digress...

Last summer, around a campfire near the beach in Gulf Shores, 7X (R.I.P.) spoke of his "dreamrides" he wanted to organize, as a meetingplace for HSN'ers.

One was the catfish barge on the Ohio in Elizabethtown,IL.
One was Garden of The Gods,IL.
One was The Overlook Restaurant, up near Corydon,IN.
One was Bernheim Forest, near Louisville.
One was Brown Co., IN for early Fall leaf color.
One was Lambert's, in Sikeston,MO.

We will never forget Brer 7X, and I refuse to let his plan fade away, without trying to carry it on.

Ya with me, or not? >:)

Ideas of great group rides? Put them here.

Or feel free to start a Thread for YOUR area!

Only criteria: must be a Saturday or Sun. ride.
So as many HSN'ers as possible can attend.

See less See more
#3 ·
Funny, reading the title of the thread, thought, "The 7X" ..A ride for all those members like Mike and John who are no longer with us.

Would be kinda cool.. Set aside a yearly date (third weekend in August (or whatever), That way - even if we cannot make the meet, we can all ride no matter where we are - pegs down, in remembrance of some great people who truly loved this thing we do.

#5 ·
"Let me get my Boots!"

Wonderful thought...

I often think of Michael as I ride roads we traveled together...
I took him on some of my favored...

As with this year, I will attend our HSN Dragon Days, in his memory each year...
Pegs down in memory,
D

#6 ·
We could setup a thread - and for a weekend out of each year - chat, and post pics of meets; and for those who can't make meets, pics of where we all took our friends, if only with pegs down, for a ride.

Shouldn't be morose, more a way to celebrate life and those who are now gone and who lifted us up, as a forum, while they were with us.

..Just an idea... And another excuse to ride!!

#9 ·
I missed out on our annual US Military Vets MC Memorial Day Ride yesterday...
Ann said, "You`re mine today!"
So we did stuff around here and enjoyed each other...
BUT tomorrow being Memorial Day, I`ll visit Andersonville National Cemetery / POW museum...

We`re doing Poolside/BBQ at Chickenmans today,
D

#11 ·
Sounds good Dave. I'd say we draw one of those locations out of a hat, then make it another one of those locations next year. Keep doing that till we get 'em all. Then start over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
PM sent, big poppa pump.

Really liking the ideas here, so far.

Brer Bill & bumpaw & I will be doing some reconn one a few of the ones posted, if we can find a bit of time.

#18 ·
Confirmed with @ big poppa pump.
He will be here on the evening of 17June and wants to ride with us on the 18th.
And mentioned a great burger, or some BBQ.
Just cannot fathom THAT being a problem.

Maybe ride up to Outlook, meet our nawthern friends, lunch & cruise awhile, then back to the BBQ place 7X always talked about....where Scared took him.

Mark it on yer calendars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.