Honda Shadow Forums banner

3rd Annual Dragon Ride (7x Memorial Ride) 2017

46K views 744 replies 23 participants last post by  Scared 
#1 ·
That title should cover it.

Since it was mentioned to start another thread for confirming attendance and final planning I thought it was a great idea!!! So here it is.:smile2:

I (we) would like to get an idea of how many folks are planning on coming to the HSN Dragon days.

Knowing that not everyone likes to put their plans on a public forum, if you could PM me if you are going to be there, what day you are arriving, and if you are staying at the 2 Wheel Inn, It would be helpful. I would only share this info with other members by phone or PM, if you do not want your info shared in any manner please also tell me that.

Trying to get an idea on numbers for planning purposes.

I have only rode in three groups before,,,two memorial rides:crying: and one poker run, so I am just along for the ride so too speak on this one.

#2 ·
As I have posted before @Shadowangel57 and I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday morning.

There was mention at one time of running the Dragon on Friday afternoon and then ride the other roads on Saturday. I think that is a good idea but it may not work out, depending on when everyone gets there.

I just thought that we could work out some thoughts here before the weekend gets here.

Yup,,,I am the planning type.:smile2:0:)

#4 ·
3rd annual HSN Dragon Days & 7X Memorial Run
Our ABATE District 13 just last year held our 26th Fire Ant Scrambler Poker run and our 1st in memory of Roger Musselwhite and so named...

We`re gathering again...
But I cannot commit yet, being as I`ll be at Angel City Rally Saturday, to help conduct the Bike Show...

Daytona Bike Week or BUST,
D

#8 · (Edited)
Per our phone conversation the 2 Jason's are both habitual liars and can't be trusted. Dennis, well, he is old and forgetful!
Nope, got to harass those guys some.
I am a sure nuff hope so!
Arrive Friday 1300 depart Sunday 0800, Ish.
Shopping at the Dragon store takes longer than running the road each way, not knocking it, just saying it. I am easy to get along with on ideas and routes. It's about miles and smiles. @Canyon you need to attend thissun!

#12 ·
So...we having our "shine off" at this shindig? I just got in my order.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

#14 · (Edited)
What with my traveling to Sebring, FL tomorrow, enjoying Bike Week in Daytona on my return trip and with my ABATE District 13 Coordinator obligations all I can say is >
I really WANT to come & IF I come > I`ll pull in as early as I can Thursday also, and leave Friday morning...
I sure WANT to be part of this get together...
NO I`ve not made a reserved room obligation...

Bike Week or BUST
D

#18 ·
Mine is made about an hour west if Lynchburg, TN. It's an old Popcorn Sutton recipe.

#30 ·
My bike is back together and my room is reserved!! This will be my first trip on the tail and I am definitely chomping at the bits.

#31 ·
Well, I just rolled the dice and booked. Room for 3.
So far Everyone that he mentioned the Shadow riders group is on the lower 2 rows. They do still have rooms for the weekend, so yall book them ifya wanta go!

#33 ·
#38 ·
My youngest will be off to college soon and I'm glad I have grandkids to take to the movies so that I have a reason to watch the new cartoons coming out. I just took my 17 year old to see "Sing" a few weeks ago

#40 ·
I just watched a cartoon by @Scared. I'm going to ride the Dragon....lol

#45 ·
Will get on the computer in a bit and let ya know.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

#49 ·
I will be running Wayah road likely Friday evening towards Franklin then back up Moonshine 28. This is easily a 3hr trip.
Saturday, Moonshine 28 to Fontana dam, then to Dragon, then likely to Cherohala skyway. If there are other plans I can just go home on Sunday via Wayah, but ain't know @Scared wants to run Wayah Rd also @Theja1 probably does also. But, we can't wait late to start this run, so by 230-3:00.
Foothills Parkway may be another good road, but we need to either do it or Cherohala, not sure both are doable on same day, some from that area may be able to offer more advice.

#50 ·
the foothills parkway is I think 18 miles across it has a couple of good overlooks on it. don't have to go all the way across could be doable if no one loses their key or goes hiking. it don't matter to me i'll probably return home that way so I can ride the road from Townsend to the Sugarland visitor center a great ride.

#52 ·
#53 ·
Y'all are going to make fun of me, but I just checked the rates on a covered U-Haul trailer to trailer the bike down there rather than ride it like I did last year. 4 day rental for $75 total. Not bad. I figure if I have bike trouble or worse, I still have a ride back home. I ain't gonna be stranded!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.