Info on area - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43
Default Info on area

http://www.brevardnc.com/

http://www.historichendersonville.org/

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

here are a couple of things on that area, hendersonville is just a ride away from brevard....there is a very special place in right outside of brevard that would have to be a must do ride for us if that is in fact where we go It is called a Pretty Place and its at the YMCA youth camp just an amazing place

if its brevard we decide to stay it there are many sites from there to see and ride too...

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks beautiful!! My brother went to college at Mar's Hill which is outside of Asheville. I can't wait 'til next year!!
Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Camp Greenville or "Pretty Place" is off of hwy 276 in northern Greenville county. The ride up 276 to Ceasars Head is our version of the dragon.
Shiney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiney
Camp Greenville or "Pretty Place" is off of hwy 276 in northern Greenville county. The ride up 276 to Ceasars Head is our version of the dragon.
yes have been there many times..... I think a ride out to pretty place and Ceasars head for lunch then down to 11 to 178 back into NC and through Brevard on 64 to Hendersonville if in fact that is where we stay /,brevard would be a better place to stay I think based on the rides we could do, from there on sat would be a great ride, Brice can lead and I can

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Highway 74 between Asheville and Bat Cave is a medium-twisty road but very pretty in the fall and has little traffic. Keep going down by Lake Lure and the road gets twistier, but has more traffic. Sometimes lots more.
US 276 between Brevard and the BRP is good. There's also 215 by the Graveyards, pretty challenging and the road surface is not the greatest.
+2 on Camp Greenville, and there is the Old Saluda Grade on US 176, Old US 25 through the Greenville watershed, Gap Creek Road between the watershed and Jones Gap....
-G
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

The area must be very popular as I have another site I post on that has a group from Great Britian and some members from the states coming to Maggie Valley at the end of July to ride the whole area and to go to the Motorcycle Museum.

Rando
Old 07-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Is the Blue Ridge Parkway on the list of places to see? I don't know how close that is to where we are going to be.
Wassup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wassup
Is the Blue Ridge Parkway on the list of places to see? I don't know how close that is to where we are going to be.
Oh yes, definitely. The BRP passes by about 15 miles from the hotel.
-Glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.