Rally And The Gas Situation - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rally And The Gas Situation

Hello everyone, not trying to sound like the grim reaper but I hope that the gas problem in this part of the country is better in time for the rally. At present no one has any gas and if you are lucky enough to find a station with gas it means sitting in long lines to get it. The rally is 9 days away and with a little luck the gas problem will ease up some and more stations will have gas. My wife and I are looking foward to meeting everyone but we are only going to be able to attend the ride on Friday and I know that we will not get to meet everyone. See everybody in 9 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Rally And The Gas Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrider51
Hello everyone, not trying to sound like the grim reaper but I hope that the gas problem in this part of the country is better in time for the rally. At present no one has any gas and if you are lucky enough to find a station with gas it means sitting in long lines to get it. The rally is 9 days away and with a little luck the gas problem will ease up some and more stations will have gas. My wife and I are looking foward to meeting everyone but we are only going to be able to attend the ride on Friday and I know that we will not get to meet everyone. See everybody in 9 days.
I am glad you posted this, because I was thinking the same thing, and was going to post, but you beat me to it.

I suppose someone local needs to monitor the situation and let us know if it eases up or not.
Wassup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just read an article in the Greensboro paper, (about 150 miles east of Asheville), that it might be next week before the local, (Asheville) stations are back to normal.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yep, the Asheville, Hendersonville area is in short supply right now. The Greenville-Spartanburg area has a better supply. IF they get some more refineries online by the first of the week things should get much better.
Shiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Greenville-Spartanburg is better? -- a little is better than nothing I guess.
Yesterday I had to go past five stations to get to one that had gas, and that had only regular. I haven't seen any fistfights yet though.
Folks around here are reporting very spotty supply. Down around Anderson they say there is no problem.
We'll just have to keep an eye on the situation. Everybody bring a deck of cards to the rally just in case.
-Glenn
Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

hmmmm I think the rally is over a week away yet, and I heard on the news that gas prices were dropping because the refineries are all getting back on line.....I am not going to worry until the 2nd ....

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Heck, I'll prop my feet up on the bar and spend the day listening to my dad spin some yarns... Someone throw me in my room at closing time!!

(I am not worried, I'm sure there will be plenty of gas... )
Old 09-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Whats weird is I was just up there this weekend, in the truck no less. No problems getting any, gas that is.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Rally Gas Supply

I have been in communication with a resident of Hendersonville today (Wednesday)... the news is NOT good right now.

They spent 45 minutes today driving around and could not find gas. The local news stated a supply would be in tonight, but it goes quick and at over $5 a gallon. The Ashville area is also having difficulty with supply.

They have also just come off of water restrictions.

This needs monitoring and it may become an individual decision regarding attendance. Everyone keep their feelers out

Mike
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

Im still going.....I still feel its not going to be an issue next week....prices are dropping , I have no idea why hendersonville would be much different from say where Denise lives......I hope Im not alone up there ....

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement