reflections ECR 2008, day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 4.update - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43
Default reflections ECR 2008, day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 4.update

day 4.
After saying goodbye to all , so hard to do, with promises to stay in touch , some headed home , and the rest of us rode to our lunch stop and final destination for the rally of 08, Art (adlowe) Mike, Rich , Denise, Dave, Rick , Glenn (who lead us again and did another great job of it) Tony and I ......riding route 80(the first part) was so much fun. Rich and Mike insisted in riding behind me, which turned out to be a good thing for me, because I think they gave me some basic fundamental riding tips (ones I knew but dont really get to practice as much in florida) and I believe it will really help me with my over all riding, not because I was riding badly mind you lol.....just to help increase my comfort level in the twisties because lets face it folks I do live in florida....the second part of 80 wasnt so great lol.....road was very gravelly.....which totally isnt my bag, we took our time and made it through without incident. Arrived at our lunch stop Bonnie and Clydes in Loafers Glory and had another steller meal..... the tough part is saying goodbye....rich and mike were the first to pull out , then tony and I, we headed toward Johnson City TN we stoped for gas shortly after leaving the group at a little station up the road which had all grades of gas yippeeeee, filled up and after talking with tony I could see his concern about the bike and said lets just go to Ashville and that way you can see the Harley dealer there and service dept and have them look at his bike where he is right now while I am sitting here nice an warm at the hotel reporting to you all lol. Just to give a quick shout out to the hotel we are staying in Holiday Inn off of exit 6 on 240.....anyone going through or stayin in ashville should stay here , the manager sam is great and accomadating , and its a brand new clean hotel!!!...you can not believe the room we got for the rate we got it at......It is so hard to say goodbye after one of these rallys because everyone has become such good friends , but the beautiful part is we all get to see each other again , we missed those that didnt make it but next year is being planned out as I type this and I cant wait to see all my friends again!.......so stay tuned to the ECR forum and plan your vacation!!!!!

day 3.
KSU was at 830, the first group headed out on time, lead by Mike (firemed) and in the tail position Rich (pawp) , they did a wonderful job leading and arriving at the highest point on the BRP in NC to meet up with Joe (spirit_1100) and Marcia his wife , our group arrived about 20mins later, our times for arriving and departing really were off our schedule so next year I will be sure to incorperate more time for stops . Just as our group was arriving lead by Bruce (dr bob's patient) and with me in the tail position, I saw 3 wings apporching us, the last wing just as I was passing got distracted and his front wheel ran off the road causing them to fall over, I saw the rider fall and hit his head hard, I raced into the meeting point which was about 1000 feet ahead, and told them, right away joe and his wife who is an emt, and firemed and Pawp not sure who else , rushed to their aid. No one was hurt his passanger was shook up had a cut on her nose from her sun glasses but other then that all was ok. Now a little bit about the roads.....out 64 from hendersonville very nice easy ride, went on 74A to the BRP, what a fun road, nice and clean and lots of challanging twisties, the BRP in NC is amazing the views are so grand. Just before arriving at the highest point, there was one overlook that was just amazing because it was speckled with so much color and obviously a favorite spot for leaf peepers. The lot was full.....ok our plan was to leave out at the highest point 5 mins from each other (group 1 and group 2) well right as the first group was leaving I called our lunch stop to give them a head count and update the time of arrival, to my surprise I found out they close at 2, and we figured 230 as our rendavous time, dohhhhh my big blunder....and everyone attending you have my sincere apologizes for that. The stop was at Ceasars Head and the ride there from the BRP was on 215 another great twistie road, to 64 to 178 over the mountain to SC and route 11.....I knew of another place right on route 11 called Aunt Sue's so I called Mikes cell and left him a message. Unfortunately they had already stoped for gas and didnt get it.....I feel very badly about that, they by past their stop at The Pretty Place to go to brevard to get some lunch, I am sorry that our group didnt get to visit with Joe and Marcia more. group 2 stoped at aunt sue's and had a great lunch(ducking cause I know where they ended up eating ).....but it really was about the company and they all said it was a good time. Our group met up with Dawn and John and Paulie at ceasars head and heading out to the pretty place....well we rode all the way in and it was closed due to a wedding.....Dan (wassup) almost lost it on some loose dirt and gravel....but he didnt good job Dan, that was blunder number 2 ....I knew of no way to confirm if anything was going on there on sat so again I am sorr about that folks, but let me tell you that the 210 or so miles we put on that day gave us great views, super fast and challanging twisties, and wonderful fellowship....We met at the hotel and prepared to go to dinner, Hannah Flannagans, very good place lots of things to choose from and has a English fair menu with lots of great options, there wasnt a person that had an issue with their dinner and the waitress staff was so accomadating. One of the things I felt was amazing that the gratituty was not included on the checks which is almost unheard of, I know our group apperciated the good job everyone did and rewarded them accordingly. Back at the hotel after some more fellowship I retired to my room while the party continued in the parking lot .....what a wonderful mix of people, oh and my bf made it to Hendersonville almost uneventfully....he had brought along some octane booster but it leaked all out in the trunk of his harley, so he was cleanign that up and doing laundry when we pulled in that day from our ride, at dinner he told folks about his experince when he went to Niagra this summer with an old friend of his on their bikes, so now he is knewn as the International Undesireable..... lol .....folks enjoyed his retelling of the story....just goes to show you folks that the actions of our youth have conciquences but can make for a great giggle for others lol.........Tony has a way about him when he tells a story ....we had our door prizes give away....each person put their name in a bag and we drew names....congrats to all who won.....

day 2
KSU at 930, we did about 160 miles and rode some wonderful twisties , I forgot to mention that gonzo and visious made it at by 530 pm on thursday, and wassup's friends Tom and Brian made it to whitewater falls to do the rest of the ride, it was a real full day and one i will write about when I get home from my vacation, in more detail. We had 12 bikes and rodes that were amazing. Terry (ashadowrider51) met up with us that morning to ride and ended up leading us out 64 through Bervard, where Glenn lead us through to Whitewater falls ahhh team work! an forward to Highlands on 28. Lunch was at a none chain resturant called the Pizza Oven....it was great I dont think anyone went away hungry. The group made it back to the hotel after our apx. 160 mile ride. We met up with Paulie , Firemed and Pawp, here at the hotel then went to a great steakhouse for dinner.All and all a real special day, now i am beat and need some sleep. Tomorrow is Cesars head and the Pretty Place.....

DAy 1

Well Dan and I left out of Orange City FL at 5am.....the ride was chilly in the morning but not bad at all once the sun finally came up . Dan was very easy to ride with , it was a very uneventful ride which is wonderful.....but let me tell you as we entered NC on 26 the the view was breathtaking. The sky was as blue as it could be all day. Dan racked up 568 miles and I hit 554. Tony is meeting me in NC on sat unfortunately he wasnt able to get these 2 days off. Dan (wassup) and I were the first to arrive at the hotel, not long after Cnile (Berry) ,eclecticdawn and her hubby came in not a half hour later. Since Dan and I had not eaten sinced 730 we decided food was needed as well as gas,,,,,,an yes folks contraiy to everything said there is gas in NC ......you have to prepay lol and only pump that exact amt but it is here lol..... So dawn and john and dan an I went and grabed some grub......now we are all beat and ready to soon call it a night.

Tomorrow is our first offical group ride to the Highlands , we will post tomorrow to highlight the days activities.....

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

take a peek and read I updated sat and sunday

Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
One of the things I felt was amazing that the gratituty was not included on the checks which is almost unheard of,
Holy crap-- I just about panicked.. I couldn't remember if I paid or Dave-- I just found the check card receipt in my handy-dandy wallet that Dawn gave me and it appears I did put a tip on there.

Whew!

(now I remember having trouble with the addition)
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Kudos on the organizing. Nothing ever goes completely to plan, Great job. The Weather nor the company couldn't have been any better. WOOHOO
Shiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisep
Quote:
One of the things I felt was amazing that the gratituty was not included on the checks which is almost unheard of,
Holy crap-- I just about panicked.. I couldn't remember if I paid or Dave-- I just found the check card receipt in my handy-dandy wallet that Dawn gave me and it appears I did put a tip on there.

Whew!

(now I remember having trouble with the addition)
lmao you were pretty ummm tired yah yah thats it....poor kid was just dun tuckered out from all the riding

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiney
Kudos on the organizing. Nothing ever goes completely to plan, Great job. The Weather nor the company couldn't have been any better. WOOHOO
thank you greg it was a pleasure to meet you im just sorry we didnt get to talk more.....plan on 2009 its going to be a blast!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Jo, if you plan it I will come. someone said something like that. Maybe I can talk Patricia into joining us like she did when I went to the Canadian rally. We shall see. No kidding Jo you did a great job.

Ride Bell by the generous Kara
Member of the Colonial Cavalry
C Nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Rally Update

The East Coast Rally reached a new HIGH!

East Coast Rally Bikes at Balsam Overlook, Highest Point on the BRP.
---------------------------------------
Thanks Jo for all your effort....REALLY. The rally was a great event, in a great location, with great weather, great friends (new and old), and except for a few blown engines (Gonzo!! whats Up??) a real blast. See y'all over the next hill.... until next time,

Mike
firemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

We are already looking forward to next year or the next time we can get together. See you all soon!! Be safe. -Tim
Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the great write-up Jo. Missed everyone this year.

saint