just to catch you all up - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43
Default just to catch you all up

Ok .....well Tony and I spent sunday night and Monday night in Ashville, Tony needed to get to a harley dealer to look at his bike, and he had a broken motor mount that had caused something with the fuel injection system to get messed up, he has the extended warrenty so they fixed him up and we took a nice long ride out to mount mitchell and back via that great road 80......then after dinner we took 9 to 74 a ......with the riding tips I got from Rich and Mike I felt way more incontrol....even scraped my floor boards 3 times lol..... over all I have felt really good about my riding the whole trip..... Tuesday we packed up and headed toward Kentucky, Took some great roads and crossed over into Ohio at Maysville KY???? I think lol ....took 52 all the way to Huntington W Va, where we found a room for the night. The town of Portsmoth Ohio is a cool place, I posted about it earlier but the flood wall is painted in mural of the history of the town....truely amazing to look at. I have pictures and will get them posted when I get home. When we got up wed morning it was raining, and with much concideration we decided to head west , south west actually to Knoxville so that Thrusday we could jump on 129 and go do the dragon and 28 which is a great ride. We took 64 all the way to 75 south, it was better with the rain that we could curise the highway instead of the twisties. We made it to Knoxville around 5 .....

This morning we headed out about 830 and it was a beautiful day.....the rain was gone and for the most part the roads were great. On 129 before we actually hit the dragon a dear was trying to cross the road in front of us, Tony slowed down to almost a stop when he/she made a choice of going into the brush near the road poor thing slipped all over the road with his hoofs..... I cautiously preceeded and when I looked to our right there was another young dear galloping in the field, I kept my eyes peeled for a big doe but didnt see her. What a beautiful site they were. Tony didnt see the 2nd dear but I did and what a blessing he was alert. I wish I could say I curised the dragon without apperhension but I cant, of course with the rain the roads were still wet, that would not have been so bad but the leaves falling and other road deprie made for some uncomfortable moments. I just took my time, but again the insight that Mike and Rich gave me has really given me a lot of confidence. Of course you also have to deal with those sporty car drivers, they wizzed up behind me and it startled me, almost to losing it a curve, but I found a safe spot and pulled over to give them a clear road. Once off the dragon and on to 28 my confidence cranked back up, maybe part of it is just the fact that it is the dragon that pyscs me out I dont know..... but I feel so good on my bike, We headed over to Maggie valley to go to ghosttown in the sky but they are not open on thrusdays so we are going back tomorrow.....it looks cool, we are staying tonight in Ashville again at the Holiday Inn and suites.....great new hotel and we have a suite with an unbelievable price because tony is a government employee ..... usually the suites are 150 a night we got it for 64..... and no rain at all today.....the road we took to maggie valley was 19.....last november when tony and I took a long weekend we took that road and I was so scared of it , but this time it was like I was a different rider.....I had just gotten the vtx and maybe that was part of it but I really think I was doing things differently and it made all the difference, heck Im not going crazy fast at all but Im keeping up so thats different for me !!!!!....... I am so blessed to have such wonderful group of people to call friends, I had such a good time with you all, and denise I wish I could just stay and we could go ride every day......but alas I must go back to work sometime lol.......Thank you all again for coming to ecr 08 and stayed tuned for info about ecr 09

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Just don't head north to Canada (they don't like Tony up there) LOL! Kim and I feel the same way about being blessed with such new friends. As I told adlowe earlier as we say in S.C. , "Y'all is good people." Hope to see you sooner than later . -Tim
Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: just to catch you all up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie43
we are staying tonight in Ashville again at the Holiday Inn and suites.....great new hotel and we have a suite with an unbelievable price because tony is a government employee
Now wait just a minute. I missed that the first time through.

Tony is a government employee who has trouble at border crossings?

Man, the comments/questions that makes me want to post! But there is no way I can keep it bike-related; since I don't want the thread moved to the off-topic area, I'll just let my imagination run wild. But WOW!

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlowe
Quote:
we are staying tonight in Ashville again at the Holiday Inn and suites.....great new hotel and we have a suite with an unbelievable price because tony is a government employee

Man, the comments/questions that makes me want to post! But there is no way I can keep it bike-related; since I don't want the thread moved to the off-topic area, I'll just let my imagination run wild. But WOW!
lol what kept him out was stuff he did a million years ago , you know the saying young dumb and full of....well you finish it lol.....and we all have done things ya know in our youth....if you are 40 and still doing them then there is an issue....lol but in all seriousness , thats how stupid the whole thing was that they didnt let him in.....so now he is proud to be an international undeseriable in Canada , its so comical lol.....who needs canada when you have North Carolina lol

Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

we are spending our last night on the road in Greenville SC....our weather the last 2 days has been fantastic and the riding is just so great.....Tony and i took the brp from maggie valley to 215 (the ride we did on sat of the rally) to 64 to 178 ....and man I was cranking it lol....tony only waited on me 2 times and normally on that road he has to slow down every few miles for me to catch up, I really have turned some kind of corner with the advice I got from mike and rich .....I wanted to do 28 all the way to highlands again but tony didnt want too ..... lol we needed to get to greenville tonight.....they are having fall greenville this weekend so we got to enjoy some of that tonight. lol oh well will have to wait till next summer to get my curvy fix in lol.....

Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Guess your going to lose your position at the back of the pack now that you've become so good at doing the twisties. After my blunders on the past weekend I probably ought to take over that position for good.

Ride Bell by the generous Kara
Member of the Colonial Cavalry
C Nile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Nile
Guess your going to lose your position at the back of the pack now that you've become so good at doing the twisties. After my blunders on the past weekend I probably ought to take over that position for good.
you are being incredibly hard on yourself Barry, I am sure your "blunders" as you put it are far worse in your mind then they where noticable to anyone else. I know what you are talking about and I think understanding what I was doing that felt wrong to me made all the difference. Honestly ask Mike or Rich what it is they told me and I bet you will find that maybe it might help you if your feeling anything at all like I was feeling. But with all that being aside I think you are doing great for the amt of time you have been riding , and dont let anyone make you think you arnt because I think you are doing great no lie!!!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

He didn't mention Willie Wonka or Lisa's name in front of Canadian Officials, did he? LOL

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
Dr Bob's Patient is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob's Patient
Quote:
Quote:

He didn't mention Willie Wonka or Lisa's name in front of Canadian Officials, did he? LOL
lol no lol....... its good to see you are back connected to the world wide web ...its tough getting settled into a new home that is for sure

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob's Patient
Quote:
Quote:

lol no lol....... its good to see you are back connected to the world wide web ...its tough getting settled into a new home that is for sure
Yeah the new house has kept me very busy.

Is this section become the East Coast HondaShadow.net forum or what!?! LOL

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
Dr Bob's Patient is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.