hows things? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to White Knight
Default hows things?

Any updates? anymore news? i need something good right now

Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Circles

Hi Brice, hope your doing well. Dan (Wassup) and I were just talking about you yesterday. Your ears must have been burning. We did a lunch run that Dan organized with the Wing riders to DeLeon Springs park. I wondered if you were still home or if you went back to Iraq. I'm sure Sadie will chime in here and give you news from your stomping grounds on the right coast. I don't know when you went back but the weather has been great for riding and bad for fires here. Very dry, watering restrictions on again and idiots trying to burn down all the forest in the state. We need a few good rains to take care of the fires and the Pollen. Oak trees are in full bloom and tearing everyone up. You keep you head down and be safe.

Dave

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!!
2002 Spirit 1100 Pearl Purple "Barney"
2001 Gl1800 Goldwing Pearl Yellow "Big Bird"
Woody's Journal Rider #93
Circles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 05:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

well even though the dust is killing my sinuses it at least isnt causing an allergic reaction like pollen does. weather here has been really quite nice. cool evenings warm days nice breeze spring here works for me. been spending a lot of time thinking and dreaming about riding. the work here is not that hard being here on the other hand is difficult. kinda trapped right now with the job market being what it is even if i had decided to leave i couldn't afford to. funny thing is how people are still people and sometime even worse in situations like this. thats just something that i just dont want to understand. im also amazed at how much stuff i have accumulated so quickly just trying to be more comfortable in such an uncomfortable place.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

not much new , hopefully you have checked out that web site of the lodge I am making my june reservations today after I check my vaca dates. I am going up in June to do a dry run of the lodge and get a some rides mapped out. I want to be sure that where we are staying is going to be decent. Blairsville is a great riding area so I am so looking forward to it ................check back often !!

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Circles

I have seen some pretty funny videos of some of our soldiers riding around on what looks like a Honda Cub. Some of them are pretty funny. What kind of stuff are you accumulating, I assume no motorcycles are involved.

Dave

If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!!
2002 Spirit 1100 Pearl Purple "Barney"
2001 Gl1800 Goldwing Pearl Yellow "Big Bird"
Woody's Journal Rider #93
Circles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

stupid crap tv coffee pot nothing exciting i have been awarded a couple of coins for good work. and such most of the trinket stuff i sent home already. a few friends have given gifts to me for my daughters. such as a set of hand etched coffee mugs from turkey. t-shirts here and there that kind of thing
Old 03-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

hey Brice.. I've been watching Big Love over here on HBO (Mormon polygomy with Bill Paxton)..

I'm pretty convinced my life would be much easier with another wife in the house. If you see any hard working females over there who could do my house cleaning/clothes washing/child taxi-cab running, let me know.

Dave's birthday is coming up.. pretty sure a new wife would be a HUGE birthday surprise.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisep
hey Brice.. I've been watching Big Love over here on HBO (Mormon polygomy with Bill Paxton)..

I'm pretty convinced my life would be much easier with another wife in the house. If you see any hard working females over there who could do my house cleaning/clothes washing/child taxi-cab running, let me know.

Dave's birthday is coming up.. pretty sure a new wife would be a HUGE birthday surprise.
Wow now that is my kinda birthday present. If my wife got me one for my birthday every year and we have been married for 25 years I could send them out and get jobs that would be 26 incomes. I could retire. Dave is a lucky man.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisep

lmao hey denise there you are .....was wondering how you are......I love that show big love its so strange lol

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

fascinating thread jack.

yeah i went to the site and poked around. gotta go again. i was actually thinking that i may buy a cabin up there. i dunno.

harley really pissed me off. told me i was late. when they had only just sent the dang bill. called, guy gave me a bunch of crap about knowing i had payment due im like well yeah i did but knowing that i have one due and knowing where to send it are two different things. grrrrrr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.