Post here when you are safely home..... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Post here when you are safely home.....

I pulled in the driveway about 2:45pm. The rally was AWESOME! Lots of great riding, sightseeing,socializing,etc. . Thanks to Jo (Sadie) for another great weekend, you're the best, thanks to Bruce (Dr. Bob's Patient) for piloting us safely through the twisties for two days, and to the rest of the ECR gang (especially Paulie) for more fun than a human being should be allowed. Y'all ride safe and we'll see ya next year. -Tim
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dave & I pulled in about 3:30 pm... we took 64 East from Blairsville and rode thru some of the most beautiful roads and mountains I've ever seen... all the trees thru there were changing and the weather was icy cold..

This has definitely been the best rally so far.... Can't wait to download pictures!!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

I be here, got in about 4:15ish. Went up 19 through the gorge by the nanny.

Thought Jack and Barry were going with me to the turn off to the parkway, but I looked back and they was getting off.

Guess I went too far between P breaks. (I do that, got to tell me when to stop. Get into that zone thing.)

Old 10-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Michele and I pulled into home around 5:20pm. My GPS brought us back a different way from Augusta than it took us!

Rt 17 to Augusta, then 25 to 24 to 21 to 95. That section was very straight and we ran 65mph and made good time!

All is well and again thank you Sadie for putting this one together! It was AWESOME!

Bruce

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso
Dr Bob's Patient is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

Im at the cabins still , and i am so glad you all had a good time, I sure did and this rally was such a group effort....pictures and write up to be forth coming...... Thank you all for making this a safe and fun weekend. Art is staying through to monday and I am probably leaving on tuesday, so we got to go for a nice ride up to Murphy and up 64 to the Highlands, stopped at the Dry Falls and Bridal Vail Falls to get pictures, then on to 106 which took us from Highlands NC to Dillard GA and yes you guessed it we ate at the Dillard House ....where was Cbolling ???? we started to hit rain just out side of Dillard after dinner on 76 , and got back to the Cabins at about 7 pm.....the rain was light ,and I led all the way, of course it was a slow roll back to the cabins. Let me just say that our hosts who own the Alpine Cabins are just the nicest most down to earth folks you would ever want to know. The Cabins are clean and warm and inviting , you really feel at home there anyone looking for a great place to stay please check them out go to www.alpinecabins.com

I will post a thread about the rally and all the days events....

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

But sadie didn't mention how thrilling she found it to count the ticks on a deer's tail.

Or the hawk that rode in her slipstream (although she never saw it).

Or the couple we met from Aiken, SC.

Or the sisters from Tampa.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlowe
But sadie didn't mention how thrilling she found it to count the ticks on a deer's tail.

Or the hawk that rode in her slipstream (although she never saw it).

Or the couple we met from Aiken, SC.

Or the sisters from Tampa.
So are you going to tell us or not?
The Dillard House is great isn't it?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Home safe and sound

Got in about 2:30 pm . Had a fantastic time... . Jo and Bruce thanks so much for putting together just a great time . I enjoyed all two thousand miles of my journey . What a wonderful time getting to meet the 2009 ERC crew .....
jjbonker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43

havent heard from barry yet, where is his post anyone know when he made it?

I will do a complete trip report when i get home on wed, but let me just say I came as close as you can to hitting a dear without actually hitting it , thats as close as i ever want to be. I rolled off the throttle and ducked behind the windshield getting ready for impact, all i saw was the white tail of the doe at my front fender. My angels where with me I think they stood between me and the dear, ......... will tell you all about the sisters and the guy in the report it is so clear how big the world is and how small the internet makes it

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'll have to find the words to describe the hawk since I'm the only witness. It was amazing, too -- in a much more positive way than the deer was.

Anyway, I'm not home but I made it to Corinth, MS. Fell short of my Memphis goal (no BBQ ) because I lost too much time in Huntsville while meeting with an old friend. (Departure time from Blairsville was PERFECT for arrival in Huntsville, btw. Could not possibly have timed it better.)

The last 40 miles was dark and misty with wet roads and intermittent rain so pushing on to Memphis seemed extremely foolish. I'll check the weather tomorrow and figure out where I head next.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.