ECR... help... - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ECR... help...

Hey you guys! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to need someone to work on the ECR for October..

I really thought I could do it, but as you know, I've had a rough summer with injuries, and I'm going in today for an MRI for my shoulder and anticipate some time out to fix it.

I am really hoping to be back on the bike in time for the rally, but we'll see...

At this point, it's all I can do to get to work, and then get home and crash on the couch. Is there anyone who can jump in and help out with the planning??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

I will be glad to help. The biggest issue, though, is that I'm far away and can't do any on-site inspections/evaluations. Internet and telephone = easy to contribute.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Seems like we'll need someone close by to call on the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express and check them out. As we get a little closer, we'll have to get a reservation at the Italian restaurant for Saturday, and find a place for friday night. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

2006 Star Stratoliner Midnight,1986 VT1100C
Ride Bell by Maggie and Chris
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Was planning on riding up there today to check out the hotels, but got "involved" in a family thing.

Anyway, don't worry D, we'll get er done.

I've been working on ride routes, on maps and memory anyway. Was thinking about repeating a version of the 4 parks ride we did a few years back. BRP, Stone Mt, Hanging Rock and Pilot Mt state parks.

Unless you think that might be a bit much for folks.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbb
I've been working on ride routes, on maps and memory anyway. Was thinking about repeating a version of the 4 parks ride we did a few years back. BRP, Stone Mt, Hanging Rock and Pilot Mt state parks.

Unless you think that might be a bit much for folks.
The way we did it last year -- about 150 miles with a pre-planned stop -- seemed to work very well. Rides like that should definitely be in the mix.

What we did the year before -- longer rides with more challenge -- was good, too, at least for some of us. I'd like to have that in the mix, too.

How about putting together half a dozen routes -- three of each types -- maybe with some overlap, and letting folks choose which works best for them? That leads to issues with ride captain/sweeper roles but we're probably mature enough to sort all that out.

On edit: If we get a Mt Airy hotel, Hanging Rock and Pilot Mountain State Parks could make a nice 90-mile run. You could probably add a few good roads to stretch it out a bit.

Same for Stone Mountain State Park and the BRP on the other side.

That could definitely be a morning/afternoon pairing with a lunch stop lunch + drop out/add in near the hotel.

Or something completely different...

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement