2010 Dinner Options - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
adlowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 6,813
Default 2010 Dinner Options

Gondola in Mt Airy will definitely be one of our spots -- be it Saturday lunch and/or dinner one night. We need dinner spots for three nights. Other places to consider:
o Hillsville
- Rio Grande
- Countryside Family Restaurant (just down the street from the hotel?)
- Aunt Bea's Barbecue
- Crooked Oak Motorcycle Resort We've got to learn more about this place -- it came up in a restaurant search!
- more here

o Fancy Gap (8 miles away)
Mayberry Station Grill & Market

o Cana (14 miles away)
- Hungry Farmer

o Laurel Fork (17 miles away)
- Niblicks Restaurant & Lounge -- part of Olde Mill resort? Private parties only? More info required.

o other Mt Airy, NC options (22 miles away)

o Wytheville, VA options (27 miles away)

o Floyd, VA options (30 miles away)

------

Here's the link to Mt Airy's Autumn Leaves festival.
__________________
Art's 1999 Shadow 1100 ACE
.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Paulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Claymont De
Posts: 7,334
Default Re: 2010 Dinner Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlowe
- Crooked Oak Motorcycle Resort We've got to learn more about this place -- it came up in a restaurant search!
I wouldn't get my hopes up, the web site hasn't been updated since June 2008 when they were in full construction. Crooked Oak Resort
__________________
A smart remark is the most effective means of birth control. Paulie

2006 Star Stratoliner Midnight,1986 VT1100C
Ride Bell by Maggie and Chris
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
adlowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 6,813
Default Re: 2010 Dinner Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
I wouldn't get my hopes up, the web site hasn't been updated since June 2008 when they were in full construction.
Interesting story. I'm not expecting anything at all -- not even a septic tank. (Last major construction step listed.) But since we're in the neighborhood, we might get the chance to check it out.
__________________
Art's 1999 Shadow 1100 ACE
.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
C Nile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 640
Default

My preference for dinner would be somewhere that we can get to without the bikes. I usually have a bit of a libation with dinner and I'd rther not drink and ride.
__________________

Ride Bell by the generous Kara
Member of the Colonial Cavalry
C Nile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Paulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Claymont De
Posts: 7,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Nile
My preference for dinner would be somewhere that we can get to without the bikes. I usually have a bit of a libation with dinner and I'd rther not drink and ride.
Ats why God created taxi cabs.
__________________
A smart remark is the most effective means of birth control. Paulie

2006 Star Stratoliner Midnight,1986 VT1100C
Ride Bell by Maggie and Chris
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jacksonville, florida
Posts: 1,852
Send a message via AIM to White Knight
Default

mebe taxy vans so that those of us that drink can do so on the cheap!!
__________________
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
sadie43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Daytona FL
Posts: 799
Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43
Default Re: 2010 Dinner Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlowe
Gondola in Mt Airy will definitely be one of our spots -- be it Saturday lunch and/or dinner one night. We need dinner spots for three nights. Other places to consider:
o Hillsville
- Rio Grande
- Countryside Family Restaurant (just down the street from the hotel?)
- Aunt Bea's Barbecue
- Crooked Oak Motorcycle Resort We've got to learn more about this place -- it came up in a restaurant search!
- more here

o Fancy Gap (8 miles away)
Mayberry Station Grill & Market

o Cana (14 miles away)
- Hungry Farmer

o Laurel Fork (17 miles away)
- Niblicks Restaurant & Lounge -- part of Olde Mill resort? Private parties only? More info required.

o other Mt Airy, NC options (22 miles away)

o Wytheville, VA options (27 miles away)

o Floyd, VA options (30 miles away)

------

Here's the link to Mt Airy's Autumn Leaves festival.

the mayberry dive sounds good lol the 2 reviews were positive and Im pretty adventurous i love local places lie that ....I not much for riding the twisties too late at night( partly cause the critters like this time of year and are very mobile ) but will go where ever the group goes
__________________
Ride and be safe .....In The Wind...ODAT\Highlands NC 06/09

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
sadie43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Daytona FL
Posts: 799
Send a message via Yahoo to sadie43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
mebe taxy vans so that those of us that drink can do so on the cheap!!

yeah cause you all cant fit on the back of my bike lmao lol
__________________
Ride and be safe .....In The Wind...ODAT\Highlands NC 06/09

sadie43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Town of Elon, NC
Posts: 3,520
Default

I wouldn't count on too many taxis in Hillsville, unless it's done a whole lot of growing up in the past few years.
__________________
1996 VT1100C2 ACE
rickbb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Paulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Claymont De
Posts: 7,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbb
I wouldn't count on too many taxis in Hillsville, unless it's done a whole lot of growing up in the past few years.
I prefer to get a jug of bug juice and hang around the hotel anyway.
__________________
A smart remark is the most effective means of birth control. Paulie

2006 Star Stratoliner Midnight,1986 VT1100C
Ride Bell by Maggie and Chris
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum