Stock pipes from Sabre 1100 on a Spirit 1100? - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

So, is it safe to assume if V&H Longshots intended for a Sabre will bolt right up to a Spirit that the Pro Pipe will as well? I'm real close to pulling the trigger on the Pro Pipe but can't quite do it because no one else seems to have put it on a Spirit and I'm afraid of being the guinea pig
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

I would never assume the the Propipe would fit a Spirit. I belong to several Shadow ans Sabre forums and I have never heard anybody install Sabre pipes on a Spirit. I would not spend the Money for the pipes unless I was certain they would.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well there are a few members on here that have installed the longshots intended for a Sabre on the Spirit with no issues or mods needed. Thats what got me thinking the Pro Pipe would fit.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr1968 View Post
Good luck with that side cover. It's totally different then the ones on newer Spirits of Sabres.

Sirs,

I received your side cover today and I wanted to let you know it does fit my 2004 Spirit just fine! Please note that I do have BUB Big Willy exhaust that was made for the 1100 Sabre installed on my bike.Thank you very much for your help and letting me try out this part. I will let the people know over at the hondashadow.net forum that it works. Someone else might be in need.

M.H.

Sidecover, VT1100C('87-'96) Chromed,Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr1968 View Post
I would never assume the the Propipe would fit a Spirit. I belong to several Shadow ans Sabre forums and I have never heard anybody install Sabre pipes on a Spirit. I would not spend the Money for the pipes unless I was certain they would.
(5 stars) reviewed on 07/22/05 by
stephen paras (sparas255) from parrish, FL for a 2007 1100 Shadow Spirit wrote:

GOOD LOOKING PIPE. SOUNDS AWESOME ESPECIALLY WHEN WIDE OPEN. ITS SPEC'D FOR THE SABRE BUT FITS LIKE A GLOVE ON THE SPIRIT. THE ONLY THING IS TOOL BOX COVER. A REPLACEMENT CAN BE FOUND AT RIFLE.COM BUT ABSOLUTELY JET YOUR CARBS. THE BIKE WENT FROM A LAWNMOWER TO A BARNBURNER!!!

Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe HS - Sabre RTI06

-----------------------------------

Hello Tim,

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order.

If you would like to view your order, manage addresses, update your email, or customize many other options, please visit your personal My Account page.

Thank you for shopping with us.
Rifle Fairings

--------------------------------------

Exhaust and jet kit will be ordered today or tomorrow.

Order Confirmation

Thank you for ordering from Dennis Kirk. We have received your order and it is being processed. We will contact you again when your order has been shipped.

Exhaust and jet kit has been ordered.

---------------------------------------

Must sleep now, wallet has been drained...

2004 Spirit 1100

Last edited by I-AM-TIM; 04-07-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Exhaust ordered...
I-AM-TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Temptation got the better of me...just pulled the trigger on the V&H Pro Pipe

Gonna have to hit up the local dealer for some exhaust gaskets. Now if only this weather would break.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Spool, did you get the jet kit too? I already have a stage 1 kit installed so I'm hoping I won't have to re-jet. Mine should be here Tuesday!

2004 Spirit 1100
I-AM-TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

My bike has Cobra drag pipes on it now. It was rejetted for these pipes by the original owner...or so he claims. Seems to run fine as is and the plugs look good. So I'm hoping I won't have to change anything but I'll find out for sure when I install the pipe. I can't imagine the pro pipe being any less restrictive than open drag pipes so all should be good.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.