How to make stock exhaust loud? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How to make stock exhaust loud?

I have a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc C2 (shaft driven) with the stock exhaust. I wish it was much louder than it is and I want to know how to modify (if possible) the stock exhaust to make it much louder.

I ride with my friend who has a VTX1100 with aftermarket exhaust and I can't even hear my bike idling while his is running. He always stops to ask if my cycle is still running.

Thanks y'all.
camoman214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

Search "hole saw mod"
Stock Air box (UNI-Filter), HK's, River Road XL Slant Braided saddlebags, 6 degree Timing Advance, Mustang Wide Touring w/ Driver Backrest, PF3 Windshield, Chrome Engine Side covers, Lower forks, Final drive, Driveshaft, Swingarm, Master Cylinders, Brake caliper

1983 VT750C

1983 VF1100C Magna

95shadow1099 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoman214 View Post
I have a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc C2 (shaft driven) with the stock exhaust. I wish it was much louder than it is and I want to know how to modify (if possible) the stock exhaust to make it much louder.

I ride with my friend who has a VTX1100 with aftermarket exhaust and I can't even hear my bike idling while his is running. He always stops to ask if my cycle is still running.

Thanks y'all.
That's so you can get a head start on that VTX. When he asks if your bike is running, drop it in gear and go!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Watch this
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Just FYI, I was not able to just pull mine out. It took quite a while for the welds in mine to break enough to pull them out.

broughy84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Great info. What size hole saw should I get for my stock pipes on an '07 Shadow Spirit 750?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just a safty note....................

I was concerned that with the fellah in the video was going to push the bike off the side stand while pushing on the drill.

I would suggest that the bike be secured or have a helper keep the bike stable ..

Ralph Ky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc C2
Maybe my mind will change later but I like the stock pipes. Sometimes I wish they were louder running next to cars or large pickups but sometimes I like that it is not too loud. I even like sneaking up on situations. Besides, my ears ring most of the time and I don't think louder pipes will help fix it.
walker311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

I've got a bit I use for personal cleanliness and detail electrical work if you wanna borrow it.....

Swilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilly View Post
I've got a bit I use for personal cleanliness and detail electrical work if you wanna borrow it.....

Now that's a handy tool, but let me tell you how stupid I am. After reading the above posts and watching the video I wanted to try the hole saw mod... and I wanted to try it tonight. So, I take a trip out to the garage and find the hole saw bits I have, but they are all too small. Well, it's 10:30pm at night and I'm sure Lowes and Home Depot are closed, so I head to Walmart and find a package of hole saw bits with the 2" bit I need (according to the video). I get home and start drilling and sawing away. I work on the top exhaust pipe for about 30 minutes, but the bit is hardly scraping the surface. I was stumped until I looked at the hole saw bit packaging and it said "Materials: Wood and PVC pipe". So, no baffles/resonators are being removed tonight. Darn me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.