Back on the tank today then....
First, stretching it..
Took out the skeleton and base plate, and welded up the inside. Then got a flappy wheel on the grinder and started cleaning up the welds
It's a tad wavy, but, the main **** on the entire thing is that when blending in the welds, I took a bit of steel too thin revealing a couple of small holes. I figured I'd build up the hole with weld, tried, and blew straight through
Oh, and I welded in the 'U' shaped piece at the front I'd mentioned on a previous post.
So the plan is to cut out a section and stick in another piece. Hopefully I haven't created any other majorly thin parts.
After all this is done, got the plate that goes over the diamond shaped spine to get in sorted, so it's shaping some side pieces for the bottom of the tank to it.
Pressure test and away we go. I can help some of the wavy business with filler, but, if I'm putting the spine over the outside, fingers crossed it'll 'appear' OK. It doesn't have to be absolutely perfect to be honest - end of the day it's made by someone that's clueless so we have to be realistic! LOL