i've received some messages asking about my home made forward controls. i finally remembered to take some close up pics of mysetup and i'll try to explain what i did the best i can.
step one was buy another set of foot pegs in case i messed up, or they didnt work. that way i wasnt ruining the ones that came with the bike.
then, i ordered the tc bros universal forward control kit. the metal that was included with the kit was not long enough for me, so i bought some more metal and fittings and such from home depot i think.
then came the big step, start hacking. i cut the foot pegs off of their mounts and ground them down so i could weld something flat to them. (please keep in mind this was my first real attempt at welding so they arent too pretty).
next i believe i started cutting the metal i had bought to make my brackets out of. i messed around with some different lengths, and to be honest i think i just went with what didnt seem to ridiculous. then i drilled the holes for where i was going to mount the new foot pegs. next, i welded my brackets to the original foot peg mounts. once i had them tacked up, i connected my foot pegs to see how i liked the fitment. after i was satisfied, i used my mad noob welding skills to make sure they would never come off haha.
then it took me a couple days to figure out how i was going to make it all work with the brake pedal and shift pedal. i hacked the shift lever and changed its orientation. i moved it so it would face down, i then drilled a hole all the way through the shift arm. using pieces from the tc bros universal kit, i cut the linkage so it was the correct length and then connected the shift arm to the new pedal.
the brake side proved a little more challenging. i had to make a spacer for this side due to the brake pedal's location. then i repeated the same steps that i used on shifter side. once i had a good length for the bracket and i had my spacers where they needed to be, i welded the hell out of them. the brake pedal ended up working out just like the shift side. i cut the pedal down, drilled a hole through it and mounted it facing down just like i did on the shift side. i then used the universal kit to make my linkage. after everything seemed like it worked, i made some additional supports for the brackets, rounded off the sharp edges, and gave em a coat of paint. If anyone has any questions, i'll do my best to help!
onto the pics (btw this setup gave me almost 8" forward from the stock locations, a must being 6' or taller)
brake side(i just realized i need to get a coat of paint on the bracket i cut on this side)
sorry some of the pics are kinda meh, its hard to show all the parts.