Viking Saddlebags? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Default Viking Saddlebags?

Hey guys,

Does anyone here have any experience with Viking Saddlebags? They make a few medium sized models that are alleged to fit my 2012 Phantom, but was curious as to whether or not anyone else had prior knowledge of their design/fit, quality, and/or durability? Thanks in advance, guys!

-KG

2012 Honda Shadow Phantom
National Cycle Dakota 4.5 Windshield
Honda Backrest/Sissy Bar
Viking Bags Charger Saddlebags
Phantom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I did some searches online and the forums to get the buzz on Viking bags. From what I have read, buyer beware. Several tales of the wrong mounts being shipped out, customer support not helping by saying they'll send the right stuff out but taking forever to do so after constant bugging by the customer.
idcdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hey
Every one has his/her own views but according to my experience i didn't find any complaint from them i know a lot of customers who got bags from them. I personally have very good experience with this company. I got Saddlebags for my bike last year, they are still in very good condition and also water and dust proof...
Here is picture of my bike with viking saddlebags....

Last edited by johnmathew; 06-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
johnmathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcdork View Post
I did some searches online and the forums to get the buzz on Viking bags. From what I have read, buyer beware. Several tales of the wrong mounts being shipped out, customer support not helping by saying they'll send the right stuff out but taking forever to do so after constant bugging by the customer.
I've read the same thing and have hesitated on pulling the trigger.
Phantom12, by the look of your sig pic, you went ahead and got the Viking bags.... any thoughts or reviews on quality of product and customer service?
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
I've read the same thing and have hesitated on pulling the trigger.
Phantom12, by the look of your sig pic, you went ahead and got the Viking bags.... any thoughts or reviews on quality of product and customer service?
The customer service ended up being quite good. I had a couple of questions regarding custom-mounting the bags to my Phantom, and they were extermely helpful over the phone, as well as providing me with documentation for some different ideas (aside from the normal procedures).

My father ended up buying bags for his Boulevard and was very pleased with their customer service as well. No complaints on my end!

2012 Honda Shadow Phantom
National Cycle Dakota 4.5 Windshield
Honda Backrest/Sissy Bar
Viking Bags Charger Saddlebags
Phantom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement