Darkside report from Rider Magazine - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Darkside report from Rider Magazine

Here.

Before you read it, you've got to know the magazine will come out against. It has to.

There are some interesting points. For or against, I think we can all agree that this one is true
Quote:
Dark Siders (they call themselves that) are part of one of the most evangelical groups of motorcyclists Iíve encountered. They are deeply passionate about their practice of using car tires in place of prescribed motorcycle tires on their bikes. And they are more than anxious to profess those beliefs in the hope others might also see the light. Or the dark, as it were. It borders on a religious movement.

Ride bell by Dr. Bob's Patient
adlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlowe View Post
Here.

Before you read it, you've got to know the magazine will come out against. It has to.

There are some interesting points. For or against, I think we can all agree that this one is true.
Quote:
Dark Siders (they call themselves that) are part of one of the most evangelical groups of motorcyclists Iíve encountered. They are deeply passionate about their practice of using car tires in place of prescribed motorcycle tires on their bikes. And they are more than anxious to profess those beliefs in the hope others might also see the light. Or the dark, as it were. It borders on a religious movement.
I don't think it's so much "they are more than anxious to profess those beliefs in the hope others might also see the light" as they are just sick of being told "it won't work and you'll die a fiery death" by those who have never tried it or have nothing more than opinion they claim as fact.
-V&H Big Shot Staggered
-SE Heavy Breather
-Power Commander III USB
-Batwing Fairing from Reckless w/ Infinity 6x9's
-70T Rear Secondary
2002 VT750 Spirit - SOLD

JBourquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gmck

Here we go, got the popcorn in the microwave.
gmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

hey guys why dont you talk about something less controversial, like religion, or politics????

My new to me 1984 VT700C

superdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

What's the fun in that?
-V&H Big Shot Staggered
-SE Heavy Breather
-Power Commander III USB
-Batwing Fairing from Reckless w/ Infinity 6x9's
-70T Rear Secondary
2002 VT750 Spirit - SOLD

JBourquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Im a firm believer that "Its yours, do whatever the heck you want with it." Im not riding it so I really don't care that you have a ct on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

2006 750 Spirit
csk415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csk415 View Post
Im a firm believer that "Its yours, do whatever the heck you want with it." Im not riding it so I really don't care that you have a ct on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
+1 to this!

You ain't ridin', you ain't livin'

02 Shadow Spirit VT750DC
02HSS750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I always wanted to try one after reading about all the good points in using a car tire vs a bike tire. Maybe I ride different than the next guy, who knows?
After putting over 1000 miles on one now, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I don't much care about what a magazine article has to say about it or anyone else for that matter.
There will always be naysayers, no matter what idea is brought up for discussion. I like being able to make choices.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Yep, read the article, mag. comes from gift subscription,,well written, BUT THE AUTHOR IS A wimp for not even testing it out himself.

JBOURQUIN[quote]I don't think it's so much "they are more than anxious to profess those beliefs in the hope others might also see the light" as they are just sick of being told "it won't work and you'll die a fiery death" by those who have never tried it or have nothing more than opinion they claim as fact. __________________[quote]

this pretty much sums it up. Several darksiders here, and from what I've seen only post 1 (once) about the ct following the installation and testing for themselves.
The author of course interviewed tire experts all from the mfg's, and of course they won't endorse such a thing..

btw, I have lived through 22775 miles of riding on a ct. I'm fine.

pftttt to the article and the author too.

Last edited by old dad; 07-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.
old dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

I might put a ct on just because so many think it's a bad idea.

shadowrider482002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement