clutch lock nut - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
taw

Default clutch lock nut

any suggestion on how to remove would be great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000245.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	7957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000246.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	7958  
taw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

I posted these responses in your other thread. Don't make multiple posts for the same thing but actually I'd suggest keeping this one instead as it has a descriptive title and it has the photos and such right in it. (backseat moderator officially off duty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackDaniels View Post
There's actually a special tool for getting at that lock nut. A local Honda dealer should be able to sell one to you. I'm sure there are specialty sockets from various online shops that will have something that fits as well, but that means you'll need to wait around for it with your clutch in pieces.
Quote:
I checked the clymer for that and it doesn't give a specific mention of the part number for the tool I have in mind.

It's going to look like these though:

Simply called a 'locknut wrench'. They come in all shapes, depths, and driver sizes and have a varying number of prongs specific to the lock nuts they're intended for.

If a member here can't point you to the specific part # a dealer parts dept worth its salt should be able to look it up and hopefully sell it on the spot to you based on your bikes model and year alone.
ZackDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
taw

Quote:
I posted these responses in your other thread. Don't make multiple posts for the same thing but actually I'd suggest keeping this one instead as it has a descriptive title and it has the photos and such right in it. (backseat moderator officially off duty)
thank u very much!!!!! sorry about the multiple post but i am new and just figured out how to do it right. thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
taw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to tattooed_pariah

this works too

I have the Haynes manual I believe, I don't think it's the clymer's, but I forget... It said right in the manual that at the time of it's printing, that tool was no longer available in the United States. it gave a part number and I searched for a couple of weeks before ghetto rigging my 90 degree needlenose and vice grip contraption..

"I never trust a fighting man who doesn't smoke or drink or at least cause a little trouble." -Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr.

1972 VolksRod "Effigy" slowly getting back on the road Build Thread
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T "Folsom Blue"
1986 Honda Shadow VT1100 (as of yet unnamed) Work Thread
tattooed_pariah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.