Windshield question - Page 2 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkforrest View Post
The MS brackets are adjustable in every direction.
I don't see how I can adjust the angel. The bracket is in a fixed position.

So is my problem the size of the windshield. Or the air traveling from underneath the headlight?
Cportera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hard to say for sure but, most likely, the air is coming around the bottom of the shield, hitting the tank, and then your head. Easiest way to see is go for a ride. At about 50 mph, put your hand on your knee, palm down. Then slowly raise your hand to your chest, keeping your palm facing out. If you feel a difference in the helmet buffetting and the wind pushes your hand to your chest, you definitely need lowers.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

anyone has any success with Spitfire shield? I have one, and so far no luck setting it up right. Admittedly, I did not exhaust all possible adjustments, but being used to riding without the windshield, so far I'm not loving it. I'm about 6ft tall, the spitfire/slipstreamer seems to be possibly too small - double vision I get from buffeting + the sudden bulky feel of the bike really make me doubt the merits of having one, though I'd like it to work out - probably great for colder weather riding when it really works..
harpomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

I just don't use one, no buffeting
oblivion_twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Default Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion_twister View Post
I just don't use one, no buffeting

Same as the above poster. Windshields are just plain nasty imho. Buffeting and piss poor visual issues are a PITA I just don't need. I wear a full face helmet. First thing I did when I got my VT1100 was yank off the shield. its' in perfect shape i anyone wants it for cheap.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

I hear you, I'm almost at the same point, just giving it few more tries, but really my patience is running out. It came with the bike, so no buyer's remorse there - may be I'll trade it for something useful... like a clock or ... don't know what else. Generally, the less car-like, the better. I've seen some scooters with a roof, and while it is great idea for the rainy ride, I still wonder why not just drive a little Smart car instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Same as the above poster. Windshields are just plain nasty imho. Buffeting and piss poor visual issues are a PITA I just don't need. I wear a full face helmet. First thing I did when I got my VT1100 was yank off the shield. its' in perfect shape i anyone wants it for cheap.

Chris.
harpomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Since today is the first nice day after both hurricane sandy and the nor'easter blasted us here in Central Jersey... I went for a ride!!!

Well mainly I went out to try the different windshield that I bought. I had a 17inch one that was buffeting. It was so bad that I got a headache from it. I purchased a 19.5 inch one that is still doing the same thing but just not as bad. I can feel the wind coming off the top of the windshield and hitting the very top of my head. I can also fee some wind coming along side of it. Not a lot though.

So my question is...

Should I buy a 21 inch one to eliminate the buffeting?

The 19inch one is about up to my upper lip.

(Btw I am buying a used one one eBay so this constant purchasing of windshields has cost me a total of $100 for the two. Not to bad. And I hope to realist them on eBay to get most my $$back)
Cportera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Taller is not going to help if the buffeting is coming from underneath. When you go for a ride next time and up to speed, take your left arm and hold in vertical in front of you and move it around and see if the buffeting stops or is slowed down.
jpr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default 95 vt1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post

Chris.

How much do you want for your old windshield and what size/make is it?
GINAMARIE8705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement