Fuel lines? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fuel lines?

I was out riding my vt500c around and had a complete loss of engine power, and it refused to restart.... (kicking, bumping, ignition... all of it fail)

i was confused but, kept looking at the engine. i noticed that the hose from the petcock to the rear cylinder was off? i stuck back on and after a few tires, the bike fired right up.

the hose looked like it was broken and the was no clasp or wire to hold it. i want to replace since i'm trying to sell the bike off.

anyone else had this happen?

I searched around for the tube and could not find it at cheap cycle parts, any suggestions?
I like my 2003 Z4 2.5i (for sale: $13000 obo), love my 2002 Wrangler SE and my 1986 VT500c (for sale: $1200 obo), and i have an affair with my 2007 Sportser 883! (clearly time to leave the condo and get a house)

Current collection:
cvaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

It is a vacuum line. When it fails fuel is turned off.

Available by the foot at NAPA Auto Parts.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

X2 on the vacuum line. Happened to me a couple times until I put a small zip tie on it hasn't come off on it's own since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
HardRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement