fairing - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default fairing

I have 2011 honda shadow vt750 aero . I have been looking at the bat wing fairings,reveiws seem to be all good . Any one put one on a similar bike?
ramsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have the Memphis Shades batwing fairing on my Shadow Phantom. It looks great but the more I ride with it I find that there is more wind on me. Im gonna try a taller windshield and maybe some lowers to try and correct. I love the looks though and installation was a breeze.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Fairing

Thanks,thats what I was afraid of.I can see myself getting this and then chasing other problems around.Does it protect your hands well?How tall are you?From what I've read, I'll need a 9 or 12 inch windshield.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Lowers definitely made a difference with wind and buffeting (I have a windshield, not a fairing). While riding, put your hand down by the tank and you can feel a lot of wind coming up from underneath . . . at least that's where the wind that was hitting me came from. I added Memphis Shades Lowers to my 2009.

2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
-Mustang Seat & Backrest
-Memphis Shades Windshield & Lowers
-Saddlemen Highwayman Saddlebags
-National Cycle Paladin Highway Bars
-Show Chrome Accessories Radiator Cover
-Kuryakyn ISO Pegs (Driver & Passenger)
-Kuryakyn ISO Grips
-Honda Luggage Rack and Sissybar
-Honda Saddlebag Supports
DRVMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd try a spoiler windshield that Memphis shades sells for it. Will kick the wind up over your head more. Or if you want the best Klock Werks sells the flare windshield for the memphis batwing. Thats the best on the market. If you look you can probably find one for about $140
Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks,will wait and see.Going to put on some miles and get used to bike.Just put on 1000 miles in first month.I can deal with being in the wind for now,and I think the bike looks good the way it is.That is why I got it!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to SuperboyX

Tsukayu has some nice stereo fairings if you like tunes while you drive. It really is the best bang for your buck if you combined the two.

***HondaShadow.Net Patch Order Info***

SuperboyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

I put risers on mine but it still protects my hands well. I am 6 ft 1 and have already ordered lowers and the 12 inch windshield. I put the lower deflectors on and although they look good they didnt do much as far as buffeting and wind. I hope the actual lowers solve my problem but as far as looks and ease of install they are great. It did take a ton of wind off my chest too.