Will these work? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Will these work?

Ok so I dont know much about motorcycles so I'm gonna ask you guys. Does anybody know if these handlebars and saddlebags will work on my 2001 Shadow Spirit 1100?

CHROME HANDLEBARS DRAG BARS FIT HONDA YAMAHA KAWASAKI SUZUKI TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLE | eBay

Black Motorcycle Touring Cruiser Hard Saddlebags Trunk Lights Luggage w/Mounting | eBay
bworm883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to stubb

they both should work. as long as the bars that are on it now are 1 inch. The bags come with universal mounting hardware it looks like and your bike is listed on the ad as compatible.
stubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes and Yes, be sure and post a pic after you get them installed
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well I'm hoping to get them for christmas been dropping hints to my gf and family and putting them on my wishlist so im hoping if i do get them ill definitly post pics because this is just two of many of the things I'm wanting to do and will I need to get risers for the bars? and if so how many inches
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

FYI, you will not be happy with the 'mounting brackets' that come with those saddle bags.

i bought a similar set from eBay and ended up fabricating my own brackets from square aluminum tubing. i used 1/4", 1x1 square tubes.

Live to ride another day!
davelisowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

You may want to look at the angle of the angle of the front brake master cylinder on the stock handlebars. The angle will change with flat bars and although it will work, it will sit at an angle and look out of place. Just a thought. PD
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks painter ill take a look at that when i get over this cold
Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm not 100% on your 01 Spirit but on my 96 Ace the handlebars are drilled to accept the locating studs on both the light switch / turn signal control block and also the start / stop and on / off control block. The bars in the link you posted don't appear to have these holes so be prepared to have to drill them yourself if that is indeed the case.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement