Honda Shadow Forums banner

V&H Shortshots- HP?

931 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dingo. 
#1 ·
So I didn't ride my Phantom much before I swapped the pipes. I'm just wondering if anyone has any hard data to back up my feelings here...

It seems like the installation of the V&H Shortshots may have caused me to lose a few ft-lbs while picking up a couple of horses. Anyone else notice this or maybe dyno their bikes after installing the pipes?

#2 ·
At most 1-2 lbs tq lost but 1-2 hp gained. DEPENDING... on how your intake is set up. If all you did was put pipes on, then nothing other than the sound changed. But you could probably stand to adjust the mixture screws if its not EFI.

#4 ·
Since the Phantom uses open loop fuel injection you should add a fuel entrancement processor like the Cobra Fi2000. I have the same setup as you just the V&H's and stock exhaust and the Cobra Fi2000R. My butt dyno is broken so I don't know about torque or HP but I know the engine runs cooler. You're probably running too lean.

#5 ·
If you add intake you HAVE to add a fuel processor. If you don't you're good. No extra horses, no loss of torque as far as I can tell- just meaner and louder. I have been riding mine this way for two years.

Dingo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.