Honda Shadow Forums banner

Small hole in exhaust?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  swifty2014 
#1 ·
So I have my new 83 750 on the porch doing the 3 yellow wire fix, turn the bike on and noticed something spraying a fine mist on the wood underneath, at first I thought oil but turns out theres a small hole in the exhaust pipe about midway back on left side, turns out its water coming out. So I go over to the other side, and theres a hole there to, both are small, real small, like twice the size of the tip of a pen or so. Did these come from the factory like this? Or is this some type of mod that was done? or just a spot that rusted through, on both sides, and are the same size? Last one seems unlikely but Im curious If I need to be looking for different pipes. I can get a pic if needed.

#2 ·
Unsure!!!
They MAY be factory, to let condensation out???
Both in the same place? Same size? I would guess it was made thattaway...

#6 ·
I have the same bike but it has aftermarket pipes on it now. With the factory setup it has an upward bend and so it could gather moisture there when shut off and rust out the pipe in the low spot. Especially with the large expansion chamber in between the pipes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.