Honda Shadow Forums banner

Help with bags

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  OneIrishPollack 
#1 ·
I need to do to replace a bulb in my Mutazu Hard Saddlebags. I am assuming I need to unscrew the light cover from the inside of the bag, but I cannot seem to get a screw driver to make contact or catch anything. Is it a hex screw or something else? Anyone else have these or something similar that had done this before? They are the bags below. I have tried to email their distributor with no luck.

MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Yeah, I tried to pry, it was looking ugly.

It appears there are two mold marks where I am assuming the crews are, they are located directly above the inside holes on the bag. Does yours look the same way? I will add a couple pics.

The bags were worth the money, they have held up pretty well, but the no support or customer service is crappy.

#5 · (Edited)
Just asking, but are you sure there are screws holding the lens on? The reason I ask on the Mutazu site I looked for replacement lenses for your bags and they don't show or mention screws. Don't know if this helps or not, but more information is always better!
Good luck and let us know how it works out.

MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks

Sorry, just checked out the link Harryc posted

Attachments

#7 ·
So per the link above, the steps are as follows:

"Lessons Learned Suzuki C50 Mutazu light mod

Mutazu lens removal
1) Step 1, remove the outer ring first. Use 2 Kitchen paring knives.
Start at the top of the ring and carefully slip one knife slightly
under and slowly pry up slightly. Leave 1st knife in place while
slipping the 2nd knife under the ring about an inch away. Leave both
knives in place and slowly gently pull the ring up. Hold the ring
pulled up a bit and start using one of the knifes to cut the adhessive
tape as you work your way around the ring. Go slowly and don't pull
hard. You peel more than you pull, tear or cut.

2) If you have clear lenses (don't know about the red for sure). Remove
2 screws from the back of the light (inside the bag). These screws
do not retain the lense and if you try to pull the lens off you will
easily break the lens (as I did twice). There are 2 more screws on the
lens assembly that you cannot get to or see untill you remove the
entire lens/reflector assembly (very deceiving)."

#9 ·
My lights had no screws to hold on the lens, they were LED's but one stopped working. I had to pry off the lens and the chrome plastic cover. the LED was on a board screwed from the inside. I cut a hole with a hole saw to the size of the OEM lights and drilled two holes for the screws. Then I took the original turn signals apart and put them in place of the LED board , I could not find a replacement from Braxton but the OEM lights are brighter anyway . The bags I saw on Amazon did not say they were LED or not. I was able to pop the covers back on and it looks like it did before. I had planed to use the yellow factory lens if I had to.

#10 ·
Okay, Steve was pretty much right, but I do not have LEDs.

1. I had to slowly go around the chrome plastic trim around the lens with a small knife. It is adhered with double-sided tape, and I slowly lifted (very gently) all the way around until it came off.

2. Then I cleared the tape from around the lens and wiggled it off.

3. I had to unscrew (two screws) attaching a reflector that was fastened to the lens, but once the lens was pulled off the bag it was easy to access and remove. I then had complete access to the bulb.

Bulb is out and I will pick up a new one tomorrow.

I includes some pictures in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.