Honda Shadow Forums banner

Shell Rotella T6 Oil

8K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  vito 
#1 ·
I just wanted to double check and see if the Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic is okay to use in my Shadow. It came with full synthetic oil in it, so I have decided to keep using full syn.

I saw some of the oil ology postings but wanted to make sure and double check.

I have already purchased the correct filter and plan on changing the oil this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

#7 ·
Another vote for Rotella T6. It may be my imagination but I swear my bike runs smoother since I switched.

You can tell it's winter...we have the obligatory oil thread. ;) And I'm okay with that. :) It really is good information to talk about.

#11 ·
Ive been using Rotella T6 for 2 years now in my bike. It loves it, so will yours!

#12 ·
You won't be disappointed in Rotella t6. I've used it in 3 previous skoots, all seemed very happy with it. Most likely I will continue to use it in ST.

#15 ·
I'm always getting the form online. Scan the receipt and submit online, too. Last year I bought more gallons than "allowed" (the truck takes 6) so I submitted daughter's name and address. Never did follow up to see if she got the $5 or threw the check in the trash.

#16 ·
But I like shopping at Menards! I'm in there @ least once a week as they always have specials from week to week. Recently converted to LED light bulbs in the garage for $2 each x 12. These 800 lumen 3000k bulbs are equal to the 100 watt halogens that burn up really quick not to mention the energy savings thus allowing me to leave them on w/o switching on and off the time. Hopefully they will do their in store $5 rebate on the the T6 thus reducing my cost to $12 like last year but...

#18 ·
I may as well jump on the pile here...I've used it in my VLX since I got it, and in the scooter I had before that, too.
Never a problem.

#20 ·
Rotella T6 is the sh**!! :mrgreen:

I've used it in my Aero 750 for thousands upon thousands of miles and never once had a problem. It's all I use and will continue to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.